Final Fantasy IX is now available on the European PSN

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By danielkempster

European PSP and PS3 owners can now get their Final Fantasy IX on, should they wish, as the game has now been released on the European PlayStation Network. I can't find any info about an American release, but I'm sure it won't be too far behind.

The download is around 1500MB, a fairly hefty figure, so make sure you're rocking enough space on your PSP beforehand. UK price is £7.99, I'm not sure how it's priced for mainland Europe, though.

Personally I'm really happy about this. I found Final Fantasy IX to be one of the best games in the franchise, and it'll be nice to have a copy that I can play on the go, and without having to worry about scratching up my beloved PS1 discs. It's also reminded me that I really need to get a bigger Memory Stick for my PSP to store these downloadable titles. Anybody else on this side of the Atlantic going to be picking this up?

returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By returnofjake

Downloaded the second I saw it :)

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Vanek

I noticed it because of a story on Kotaku and immediately went and downloaded it.  I still have my original discs in perfect condition, but the PS2 looks awful on my HD TV so I've been waiting for the PSN release.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EliasT

G*d fucking dammit, only in Europe? I've heard so many awesome things about that game, I want to play that, badly.

shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By shrig32

I had a little geekgasm as soon as I saw it in the store. Wasn't expecting it so soon at all!

m1k3ines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By m1k3ines

is it possible to make a EURO PSN account? i have a JAP one but not a EURO one.

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BrickRoad

You can make am EU PSN account in English if you say you're from the UK and Ireland, but paying for stuff is a little tricky. Also it's against T's and C's - oh no!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.