Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Type-0

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2011

Final Fantasy Type-0, formerly Final Fantasy Agito XIII, is an RPG for the PSP. The PSP Version was only available in Japan, but an Xbox One and Playstation 4 version was localized for North America & Europe.

I just preordered FF Type-0 HD. Are you getting it?

• 63 results
    GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Poll I just preordered FF Type-0 HD. Are you getting it? (236 votes)

Yes. I am preordering it too! 23%
    Yes/Hope so, but waiting for reviews/coverage of final product. 16%
    Yes, but on sale, some day. 10%
    Maybe? We'll see. I don't know. 27%
    No. NEVER. 14%
    Results: bring them hither 10%

This is the first game I have preordered since Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008!).

Why?

1. It looks fun, and I want to play a 3D JRPG on my PS4 pretty badly
    2. Peeps said good things about the PSP version
    3. FINAL FANTASY XV DEMO

Like some of you on this board, my early gaming years were nearly entirely defined by Final Fantasy and it's pretty much impossible to explain what the series means to me and the dissatisfaction I have lived with since 2006, the last time I was in truly, deeply in love with the series. I am more excited for XV than I have been for any FF since IX. From his interviews Tabata seems like the kind of G who could roll through any hood, and I want to check out the work he's done previously.

As an aside, has anyone here played the PSP game? Are there fan translations of the game? I may have to take a peak at it, just so I can enjoy the Before/After feeling.

Please, be excited for Final Fantasy.

• 
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Corevi
    ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ShadyPingu

I'm very curious to see what the hell FFXV is, but not enough to buy a whole other game to see it firsthand. As for Type-0, it seems neat enough, though I admit the "magical high school" conceit puts me off.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

You're missing yea day one not preordering, so I didn't vote.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

dont think so but never say never i guess.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Preordered the fancy edition with the manga. I've been waiting for this game since the Japanese PSP release. I was all set to buy a PSP version and patch it before they announced it. So I'm waiting.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a excuse to play my PS4 more and am interested in FFXV while also wondering why this seemingly more interesting concept got mostly shelved in favor of what turned out to be FF13. So yeah I preordered it.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wanted to pre-order the collector's edition, but they didn't seem to be offering it in-store in Canada, and I wasn't interested in importing it for around $150 CDN. Did pre-order the regular-ass edition, though. Super hyped for that XV demo; I played a bit of Type-0 with the English patch and that's a pretty good game.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Maybe. I've heard good things, but I have trouble seeing them when I look at gameplay.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

If it comes to PC definitely. but otherwise I don't have a PS4 :(

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Are they really charging $60 for this game? I've wanted to play this game for a long time and I wish they would bring it to psp or ps3. Don't have a ps4 but i'll eventually get to it like in a year and half or something.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By laserguy

No

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm looking forward to seeing what the final release of FFXV is but after checking out this game I'm not motivated enough to purchase it to get a look the future hotness.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I'll get it eventually, supposed to be quite good.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By MEATBALL

Yup, I've wanted Final Fantasy Type-0 for a long time, so I'm hyped for it finally releasing in the West. I slapped down a pre-order pretty soon after it got a solid release date. The whole FFXV demo thing is a nice bonus, but not something I'm really itching for, to be honest.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm almost curious enough about FFXV to buy this game, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I've never liked an action game Square has made, so Type-0 isn't really doing it for me, but we'll see.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still not sure I know what this game is. So maybe. I remember hearing something about this game like 4 years ago, and now this is the first I am hearing about the HD version.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Steadying

Yes, but I'm probably not gonna pre-order. No real point in waiting for reviews, I already know what the game is from years ago. I think I sunk like a good 10 or so hours into that demo.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Yea I pre-ordered it. I'm pretty excited for it. I really liked the PSP demo I played YEARS ago. I wanted the CE cause I'm a sucker for steelbook cases, but I just went with standard cause of funds. Yall aren't ready for my Flute girl only playthrough.

Also, gotta get that FF15 demo.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm definately getting it, because I've been interested in it since the PSP days but mainly because god dammit I want that VX demo. If only to prove that game exists. Mind you, after 9 years with no release date, that demo might be the only version we get.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm somewhat interested. Maybe i'l get it. FF15 got me excited about final fantasy again in a way i did not think possible.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Hm!

Somewhat surprised by the positive responses! Hasn't been too much talk at all about FF, 0 or XV, round these parts. Never mind how much most of us despise preorder incentives... And yet here I am. Incentivised.

Thanks for the PSP language patch, had no idea that existed. I'll almost certainly check that out to get a peak at the game.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when i get a ps4,yes ill get the game.the question is when ill get a ps4,which wont be anytime soon.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LeStephan

Yep, gotta play that stupid FF15 demo.

EDIT:Also on a serious note I'm just really curious about both the games as it seems to be like FF 15 is going to be pretty similar to type-0.....Theres something about it though that makes me think I will not like the gameplay and/or story of these games one bit.....but theres no other way than finding out for myself whenever the game comes out so we'll see! I would really love to enjoy a FF game again :)

The price of this game though...... 64 euros for a normal edition or 70 euros for a steelbook edition of an hd-ified psp game.... could be me, but that seems like a pretty ridiculous price point compared to other "hd re-releases". Especially as it is still pretty clearly just a psp game with higher res textures and higher poly characters. And now that I think about it, most PSP games do not translate that well to consoles at all, like peace walker. ugh I hated peace walker so much on ps3. And when compared to their proper console counterparts and played on those console it becomes apparent that that Clank game, those Jak&Daxter games and those GoW games on psp were pretty watered down and terrible so Im not too sure about this whole deal. But notheless I'm in at release because as I said earlier, I'm very curious.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. I wanted to play this for years on PSP. Got dang you,squeenix for keeping my interest high enough to not move on.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lestephan: Not trying to come off defensive but isn't the price actually great compared to other HD releases?

Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs were barely 10% better looking and full price games. Same for The Last Of Us and DmC HD is barely 10 bucks cheaper than full price. Port work is never easy, but still.

Meanwhile Type 0 is:

- a gigantic overhaul! Many assets rebuilt from scratch and some changes to area maps.

- first time English localization

- combat rebalances and major changes for at least two characters, camera tweaks, etc

So while I agree the price stings for "a psp port" the work done here exceeds nearly any HD rerelease I can think of.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I saw that collector's edition, it was tempting but I still need to finish about 16 other FF games first.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The price really doesn't bother me considering it's the first time the game has been released in the West, a bunch of work has been put into bringing it to the new systems and the game certainly has the content to justify a proper retail release.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll be getting it at some point, probably not on release though. I have a lot of other games to play right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It says Final Fantasy on it, so there's basically no chance I don't buy it day one.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still pissed about it not being on Vita. It just doesn't make sense to me. I'll probably still get it though because I love Square's abuse.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: It's worth noting that Peacewalker is one of the best games of last generation; so "just a psp port" can be pretty good by itself.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: It's worth noting that Peacewalker is one of the best games of last generation; so "just a psp port" can be pretty good by itself.

Well Peace Walker HD was. The PSP controls for that game were horrendous.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

The idea of a M-Rated Final Fantasy game definitely piques my interest, though sadly I have yet to own a current-gen console. Maybe this summer when I'm paying less rent and working more hours I will give it a shot. Square is always pretty good about discounting their games quickly.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Corevi

The idea of a M-Rated Final Fantasy game definitely piques my interest, though sadly I have yet to own a current-gen console. Maybe this summer when I'm paying less rent and working more hours I will give it a shot. Square is always pretty good about discounting their games quickly.

You could play the PSP version with the fan translation. It's very well done if you don't mind Japanese voice acting, and the controls are pretty good.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: @fredchuckdave: I totally agree, just saying that I understand why people look at psp ports as "less than".

pkmango7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pkmango7

Hm!

Somewhat surprised by the positive responses! Hasn't been too much talk at all about FF, 0 or XV, round these parts. Never mind how much most of us despise preorder incentives... And yet here I am. Incentivised.

Thanks for the PSP language patch, had no idea that existed. I'll almost certainly check that out to get a peak at the game.

I feel like most everyone who has played it in some capacity has enjoyed it, myself included.

I had no idea about the patch either, the last time I looked at this game I was playing through the beginning sequence while cross referencing a translation spreadsheet, which was just too much for me at the time. PSP had a lot of that going on, I did the same for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (before a patch) and Valkyria Chronicles 3 (which has also thankfully been patched).

There was some good shit on the PSP! I'm glad at least some titles have endured either through re-releases or fan support, and I think this game benefits greatly from higher resolution and controller support. I don't know how much of that was fueled by execs in a room laying out localization costs and comparing projected numbers, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

EXPFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Purchased already, Played on the PSP loads brilliant title!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

So I just played this at PAX East, holy cow was this even better than I expected. Man that combat was so fast and fluid and it looked significantly better than I was expecting for a PS port/remaster.

The lines to get into it were nuts too, the Square employees told me they were stunned by enthusiasm for this and frankly were not prepared for how many people wanted to play.

Man it's just killing me I don't have a PS4 now. Just killing me! But I can't justify it for just one game.

I did ask about if a Steam version was in the works, unfortunately (for me anyway) it didn't sound like that has been discussed much if at all.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would play this on my Vita, but I don't want to play it on my PS4. I understand that there is something illogical there.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually beat it on PSP, and i can back up that it's a fucking amazing game. I just hope they removed the insane amount of grinding for the western release.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No because I don't buy games with random encounters.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asilentprotagonist: I know there have been fixes to combat (like character balancing to make each one more desirable) but dunno about general balancing like that. A changelist would be nice to have!

@slag: oh man that is so exciting to hear! I can't wait to play it. I totally forgot it was coming out so soon until I read Jeff's thing today. I've gone dark on FFXV too.. very curious to play, and so soon.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Way more interested in this than I am in 15. Releasing it so close to Bloodborne isn't going to work for me though. I've never been able to put down an RPG and come back to it without restarting, so this will have to wait until after Bloodborne.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm buying the FFXV demo, I heard FF Type-0 HD comes with it.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

In AUS we have to wait until the 19th (18th in the states), so reviews will be out beforehand and will influence my decision - but god, I'm kinda tempted to buy it just for the XV demo.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre ordered this for the Mrs. Hope she likes it.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered it simply cause I'm a sucker for anything Final Fantasy Related. Sure it's a port but I'm excited for it and the 15 demo.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mortuss_Zero

I'm gonna pass on this for now. It does look good though, and It's rare I say that about FF games (no offense).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.