Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VI

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Apr 02, 1994

Formerly known as Final Fantasy III in North America, Final Fantasy VI follows a diverse group of heroes as they fight to defeat Kefka, a megalomaniac intent on using a combination of long-lost magic and technology to take over the world.

Re-recruit Party Members?

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

I was wondering if, before the Opera House part (NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!) you can go back and recruit more or different party members after everyone splits? I'm currently stuck with just Locke and Celes.... 

I know- I got overconfident.  

Anyway I can improve my situation?
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Setzer, shadow, relm, strago, mog, gogo, gau, umaro.

these are the characters you can have during your adventure.

At one time or another you had to have most of these characters in your party except umaro and gogo.
    The only secret character at this point in the adventure one can have through means other then them just joining is gogo whom can be found in the belly of a zone eater on the solitary island in the north east of the map, Umaro is found later on in narshe mines but only if mog is in your party.  locke and celes being the only ones in your party at the opera scene is a natural part of the game...if you have literally only celes and locke in your party then i dont know what you've done wrong....though its been a long time since i played ff6...

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Cerza

Having Celes and Locke in the opera house is normal. After the opera you get everyone back I believe.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Setzer, shadow, relm, strago, mog, gogo, gau, umaro.  these are the characters you can have during your adventure. At one time or another you had to have most of these characters in your party except umaro and gogo. The only secret character at this point in the adventure one can have through means other then them just joining is gogo whom can be found in the belly of a zone eater on the solitary island in the north east of the map, Umaro is found later on in narshe mines but only if mog is in your party.  locke and celes being the only ones in your party at the opera scene is a natural part of the game...if you have literally only celes and locke in your party then i dont know what you've done wrong....though its been a long time since i played ff6... "

I did ask for no spoilers, didn't I?
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By gla55jAw

After the Opera House you can recruit Cloud, Squall and Zidane.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

The characters that you'll have available to you will fluctuate for most of the first half of the game.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Captainlunchbox said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Setzer, shadow, relm, strago, mog, gogo, gau, umaro.  these are the characters you can have during your adventure. At one time or another you had to have most of these characters in your party except umaro and gogo. The only secret character at this point in the adventure one can have through means other then them just joining is gogo whom can be found in the belly of a zone eater on the solitary island in the north east of the map, Umaro is found later on in narshe mines but only if mog is in your party.  locke and celes being the only ones in your party at the opera scene is a natural part of the game...if you have literally only celes and locke in your party then i dont know what you've done wrong....though its been a long time since i played ff6... "
    I did ask for no spoilers, didn't I? "
    you got no spoilers, gogo and umaro are well known parts of the game, maybe you should have been a little clearer or understood that having locke and celes is obviously a part of the game...
    captainzhao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By captainzhao

I think you can still go back to Zozo and rejigger your party at this point.

Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Shadow71
    Many of the situations control which characters you can control, and I believe the Opera House is one of them. Just realized how old this topic is though, have you beaten the game yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.