Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VI

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Apr 02, 1994

Formerly known as Final Fantasy III in North America, Final Fantasy VI follows a diverse group of heroes as they fight to defeat Kefka, a megalomaniac intent on using a combination of long-lost magic and technology to take over the world.

What platform should Final Fantasy VI be remade on?

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ace829
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ace829

With all the hoopla of a Final Fantasy VII remake I was wondering if there would be a Final Fantasy VI remake first. I wouldn't mind that. Although some purists will hate the idea. What do you think?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

no remakes please, here or in movie land

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pazy

I dont really need a remake, I wasent ever that hot on FFVI but I never got that far into it before I got bored with it so if I wanted to play it again I would just play the SNES version. For me the remakes of FFIII and FFIV werent all that interesting, since im a fan of retro games I already had easy access to both games and would just play them as NES/SNES games on cartridge or through emulation which would give me a choice of platform. Shinier graphics and voice acting arent all that interesting to me. If they were to remake it on PS3/360 (or probably Wii) it would take almost as much effort as a new game so id rather they just did that.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By lemon360

The DS2.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

The only Final Fantasies I have yet to play are 6 and 9.  I hate playing really old games on computer emulators, but love relaxing on couch, playing a portable version.  DS please.
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DoctorWelch

I was soooo excited for FFXIII but now that everyone is saying its not that great, I think square needs to go in a completely different direction. Instead of making any new FF games, they should just go back and remake them all starting with the very first one. Give them all a graphical revamping and only change the gameplay mechanics if they desperately need to be changed. Also, the first one might need a little more work than the rest but still. Some people would get mad if they remade all of them but who cares. As of now I'd rather play a remake of any of the old games than the new stuff they have put out for the last like 10 years. 

Just think about it though. How crazy would it be if the next game that Square announced was FInal Fantasy, no numbers, just Final Fantasy.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Doesn't need to be done.  But if it is, do it on the PS3/360. (Neither VI or VII would be exclusive to the PS3, especially following very strong sales for the 360 version of XIII)

The DS would be utterly pointless because it would likely be done in 3D, similar to III and IV and would end up not looking as good as the original did.  The Wii/PSP don't seem like enough of an improvement either.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ryanwho

No remake. Im not interested in how modern Square Enix would update a game where, not unlike Chrono Trigger, they've managed to completely miss capturing the appeal of this game and tranferring it into later games. They would make the dungeons longer for no reason and make it even easier than it already is and Shadow would be covered in zippers. Just no. Obviously if the people left understood the appeal of the games people who are now long gone from the company made they wouldn't be making these baffling lukewarm games. Just stick to "modern" FF, they were never all that great to begin with outside of how they looked.

voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By voodooterror

squenix said they'd do it if it could be done in a year. they then went on to say that it would be impossible to do it in a year. 

seems to me like there wont be one!!!!!

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By august

Uh I liked the remake of IV.

Yeah.

It was pretty good?

Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Shadow71

Part of me really doesn't want a remake, as I'm worried the essence of what made it great would be ruined. I really didn't like the art style of the Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV DS remakes. That said I loved the higher res sprites/widescreen support of the remade FFI and FFII, so I would love to see it remade like that, but since the PSP is a dying system I doubt we would see that.

Maybe PSP2?

Avatar image for dork_metamorphosis
    Dork_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

They already re-released it once on GBA.  All I really want is to have it on an SD card so I can play it on my DSI.  It's a pain having to dig out my SNES just to play it. 

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Von

I'd love a remake for the DS.  FF3 and FF4 was great, and I'm currently in love with 4 Heroes so the more FF games the merrier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.