Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 10, 2020

Teased since the PlayStation 3's debut, Square Enix finally delivers a complete remake of the fan favorite Final Fantasy from 1997.

Safe Mode PS4 after install off FF7R

xloner12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone have trouble with FF7R? I got it this morning physically. Installed it when I got home. Then tried to start it a few times. Each time it said there was an error and logged me out. So I tried restarting and got a message that my ps4 couldn't start any more and is in safe mode.

Installed monster hunter ice borne earlier in the week and it has been working fine even last night. I've only been able to find two people on twitter that seem to be complaining of similar issues for the FF7R starting error as well.

No Caption Provided
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yikes, that sucks. Hope you had a PS+ subscription or backup your saves frequently, otherwise that shit's lost. Had it happen to me once as well, and ever since I regularly backup to USB stick and upload it to a cloud service (did it a few times throughout my FF7R playthrough, actually).

But hey, what's done is done. I'd go download that firmware file so you can get to playing FF7R asap. Although... I personally wouldn't trust an HDD after this. Mine became a paperweight.

Anyway, I'd be inclined to put the blame with the HDD and not the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oof that's rough. It's the first I've heard of such an issue wrt FF7R and I've been trawling through a lot of general information/feedback on the game.

As Axersia says it seems more likely to be an underlying HDD issue than a game one.

xloner12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did the system reinstall. The system is back to factory and after an install FF7R is running fine now. Hopefully it was neither and just a weird glitch but I might just look to replace the drive anyways to be sure.

So far loving the game though!

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

you HDD is possibly showing signs of dying. you have to reinitialise and it will wipe everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.