Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

How to run the game on Windows XP or Vista?

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aurelito

Hello everyone.
    I tried all the possibilities but i didn't got any results and the screen is still blank when i run the game on both XP and Vista.
    Compatibility Tool didn't worked, I also installed the Movie Player on the game's disk, that didn't worked to.
    I heared that a User created patch named chckobo will fix this. is it true or i have to  stick out on installing an ancient OS?

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon

Yeah there is a patch somewhere out there, if you search for the "ultima" edition of FF7 you should find it. Usually it's distributed in pirated copies of the game unfortunately, but you can get it alone if you search enough (or at least, you used to be able to). It prevents a game-ending crash at the gold saucer, I'm not so sure it would fix your problem though. Did you try setting up software rendering in the game options? It's possible your newer video card doesn't work with FF7, but your processor should be more than enough to power the game.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Aurelito

Thanks but i can't find a separate patch. can you help me with this one too?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.