Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

Will Nobuo Uematsu do the music for the remake?

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Instead of Testuya Nomura's main collaborator Yoko Shimomura? Now let me be clear I have nothing against Shimomura I think she is master composer. But Final Fantasy 7 is one of Uematsu's best video game scores and if they want to do it right they should hire him to do the music for the remake

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2 MattyFTM  Moderator

Do they need a composer? All the music in FF VII is pretty much composed. They need a music director to do new arrangements and recordings, but they don't really need a new composition. Maybe a few new pieces of music here and there, but on the whole they'll be tugging on the nostalgia strings and using as much of the old music as possible, just updated and rerecorded.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They really don't need him to be honest. The music is already composed they just need someone to gussy it up...not too difficult a job for a composer. There's plenty of talented guys that will do a bang up job I'm sure.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By m1k3

The music is already written. The music will most likely be a combination of the orchestral scores that are being played in shows like Distant Worlds, piano compilations and remixed version like they did in Crisis Core. I'm leaning towards mostly orchestral music though since a lot of the songs have been orchestrated.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm expecting someone else to mix it and update it so I can be upset all over again like the bastardization of FFX soundtrack.

Hopefully they'll do a better job with 7 though.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They just need someone to arrange the old shit. I nominate Masashi Hamauzu.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hope they do a better job than they did with the soundtrack for X.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ArtisanBreads

They probably will not just do exactly the same music so I think you guys should care who does it.

@tobbrobb said:

I'm expecting someone else to mix it and update it so I can be upset all over again like the bastardization of FFX soundtrack.

Hopefully they'll do a better job with 7 though.

Exactly. This can go badly. You can hear lots of bad updates in games all the time.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

While this could go badly, I'm not sure they need Uematsu. He doesn't work there anymore so I don't see why on earth he'd do the soundtrack. That's fantasy deam thinking pushed to super max. And maybe they'll get Sakaguchi to come consult? :P I think we all need to move past all that. Either way Nobuo today isn't Nobuo yesterday. The reason we love those tracks is because of how they sound in the old engine. Who knows if you'd be happy with his update anyways? Are all of his new game soundtracks 100% instant classics? No. Not even close.

Obviously they are going to use the existing composition and rewrite/orchestrate them. Hopefully it will good!

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's possible, he's been doing stuff in XIV every now and then.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mattyftm said:

Do they need a composer? All the music in FF VII is pretty much composed. They need a music director to do new arrangements and recordings, but they don't really need a new composition. Maybe a few new pieces of music here and there, but on the whole they'll be tugging on the nostalgia strings and using as much of the old music as possible, just updated and rerecorded.

This.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.