Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VIII

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Feb 11, 1999

In the eighth numbered Final Fantasy title, Squall and his band of mercenaries fight to save their world from conquest and destruction. It introduced several new concepts to the franchise, including a subplot with an alternate main character, level-scaling enemies, and the Junction system.

Deep Look: Final Fantasy 8- World Map Secrets

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

Hey Bombstacios!

Here is the latest Deep Look! Deep Looks are largely gameplay and commentary like a Giantbomb quicklook; however, I try to cover games that have been out for a while and I intend to use the videos to highlight moments and mechanics that I found interesting. Also I aim to keep the videos under 20 minutes.

In this Deep Look I take a look at the many hidden secrets of the world of FF8. I show the breadth and the depth of the content on FF8's world map that can easily be missed, such as the monster of Obel Lake, the Island Closest to Heaven and Hell, and Cactuar Island. I also explain some of the design decisions that allow FF8 to be easily explored. This will probably be my last look at FF8. Next Stop Bioshock!

chebbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That map music is so good, reminds me of being 12 all over again. Great video for reopening the nostalgia, forgot how dense that whole game is.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

@chebbles: Thanks! I think the music messing up was a happy accident since the world map music is so good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.