Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VIII

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Feb 11, 1999

In the eighth numbered Final Fantasy title, Squall and his band of mercenaries fight to save their world from conquest and destruction. It introduced several new concepts to the franchise, including a subplot with an alternate main character, level-scaling enemies, and the Junction system.

So I said that I do have ELEM-ATTACK-J or whatever...

LostRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LostRebel

But I really don't. If I said I didn't have it, would it have given it to me or something? At the part where you go underneath Balamb Garden into the Statrum or whatever.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

To someone who has never played Final Fantasy 8 your title/post will be as confusing as the mechanics of FF8 themself. Oh snap! For real though the game is piss poor at telling you how to play it.
    Avatar image for fredarmstrong14
    FredArmstrong14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FredArmstrong14

haha I played through AND beat FF8 and I have no idea what this is.... Balamb Garden sounds a little familiar though

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BombKareshi

I don't remember enough of the game to know what you're talking about, but f you give me more information I may be able to find out.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By Soap

Context is key.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By MEATBALL

It's been a long time, but I think I know the part what you're referring to. You're in a brown sewer-like area, yeah? IIRC, there's a boss coming up where having the ability to junction elemental magic to your attack for elemental effects will come in handy (it's probably not entirely necessary, though). I don't think if you had said "No" when asked if you had Elem-Attack-J the game would have given it to you, I'm pretty sure you'll have to get your GFs to learn it.

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By lavaman77
    @ImmortalSaiyan said:
    To someone who has never played Final Fantasy 8 your title/post will be as confusing as the mechanics of FF8 themself. Oh snap! For real though the game is piss poor at telling you how to play it.
    I thought it was a a new mental disease.
    squimpify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By squimpify

If I remember correctly that is the part where you fight oil monsters so they tell you that junctioning fire magic to attack would be a good idea. (they are right for once)
     One of the GFs you own can learn it, maybe Ifrit. Can't really remember sorry.  

But by this point you should have Squall's attack stat boosted so much that he can one-hit kill everything anyway. I think you use Tents to get 10 Curagas early on and he becomes a god for the early to mid game. 

Man, I want to go play this now.... stupid revision.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Otogi
    @lavaman77 said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I thought it was a a new mental disease.
     And in other news, FFVIII being mined for DSM-V? It's less unlikely than you think! All this and sports, tonight at 11.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yo I Game-sharked my way through this game, and I still hated playing it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.