Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Dec 26, 2013

A collection for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC, containing Final Fantasy X International and Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission featuring HD visuals and a remastered soundtrack.

Can anyone explain what's being sold and how?

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By asmo917

I saw a press release from Sony today about the North American release, and I must be having a stupid day. I think I understand that there's no cross buy, so if I want the option to play this on PS3 or Vita and take advantage of cross saves, I'll need to buy the PS3 collection with both games, and the Vita version that's just Final Fantasy X. Do I have that right? I don't really care about X-2, so that's not a huge loss.

I love cross buy, and cross save, and cross play, but sometimes it's a nightmare to figure out how to get what you want.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By MEATBALL

PS3 Retail version: Final Fantasy X/X-2 on disc. Collector's Edition available through Square Enix online store.

Vita Retail version: Final Fantasy X on gamecard. Final Fantasy X-2 is a download code that comes with it.

You will be able to buy the games digitally. No cross buy. Cross saves are go.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

• There is no cross-buy
    • There is cross-save
    • You cannot buy the games separately. Whether online or at retail, both the PS3 and Vita versions will comes in a bundle for $39.99
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Looking at the comments on the PS blog just now someone asked if there'd be a package that would get you both the PS3 and Vita versions, the response was that they couldn't give details on a PS3/Vita version package - so it sounds like there may be an option that gets you both the PS3 and Vita versions of the games, one would assume this would be at some sort of discount.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What a misstep. No crossbuy? I'm a little irritated by that. I wish there was at least a version that was only X but for PS3 and Vita, I could do without X-2.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don't really care much about cross-buy/play since I'm probably gonna get it on the Vita which has my entire FF collection(minus III, but I might get that DS-port again even though I have it on iOS just to have FF1 - 10 complete). Thank god they managed to release FFV on the Vita so now I can continue on with that save.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If you guys just wanna give me your FFX-2 codes that'd be swell. YRP in position, its showtime girls.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By fattony12000
    No Caption Provided

On the Vita, in Japan, you can choice

On the Vita, in North America, you can choice

• Physical version of FFX with a download code for FFX-2 included (preorder from Amazon.com)

On the Vita, in the European Union, you can choice

• Physical version of FFX with a download code for FFX-2 included (preorder from ShopTo)
    RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RazielCuts

What a misstep. No crossbuy? I'm a little irritated by that. I wish there was at least a version that was only X but for PS3 and Vita, I could do without X-2.

This is Square we're talking about. Straight up Japanese Square, they will pump any bit of money out of you they can, especially with the Final Fantasy series. I mean look at the FF's on the app store, an absolute joke. Or maybe what's more of a joke is that people will (and do) actually pay that price so they get away with it.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

No cross-buy sucks. Why bother having cross-saves without cross-buy? Are there really enough people out there willing to buy both versions of the game?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xyzygy

@meatball said:

PS3 Retail version: Final Fantasy X/X-2 on disc. Collector's Edition available through Square Enix online store.

Vita Retail version: Final Fantasy X on gamecard. Final Fantasy X-2 is a download code that comes with it.

I was under the impression that the Vita versions were both sold separately, but then Fattony posted a pic of the X|X-2 Vita box art so I don't have any idea any more. So confusing.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer

@xyzygy said:

@meatball said:

I was under the impression that the Vita versions were both sold separately, but then Fattony posted a pic of the X|X-2 Vita box art so I don't have any idea any more. So confusing.

Nope, only as a bundle. They are separate executables.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xyzygy

@starvinggamer said:

@xyzygy said:

@meatball said:

So does that mean you get two cards? @fattony12000 you are telling us different things.

OH WAIT or are you saying that ONLY the Japanese versions give the choice of individual games, whereas other regions are all bundled? And do we know if we are getting two cards with this bundle?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Wonder if they'll be packaging the soundtracks to any of these games? Really enjoyed FF X-2 pop sounding tunes.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is this the international version of ffx? I assume it is since KH was the final mix version but I didn't see on the post.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@xyzygy said:

@starvinggamer said:

@xyzygy said:

@meatball said:

So does that mean you get two cards? @fattony12000 you are telling us different things.

OH WAIT or are you saying that ONLY the Japanese versions give the choice of individual games, whereas other regions are all bundled? And do we know if we are getting two cards with this bundle?

On the Vita, in North America, you can choice

• Physical version of FFX with a download code for FFX-2 included

On the Vita, in the European Union, you can choice

• Physical version of FFX with a download code for FFX-2 included

It's pretty self-explanatory, dogg.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fattony12000

@iamjohn: @xyzygy: After about a dozen updates and changes to my post, I think I've found a way to make it clear to y'all!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn that sucks about the download code thing. I have only an 8GB card in my Vita and only like... 500 MB of space left. I wonder how big FFX-2 will be. Would definitely have preferred the card.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@i_stay_puft said:

Wonder if they'll be packaging the soundtracks to any of these games? Really enjoyed FF X-2 pop sounding tunes.

The Collectors edition has the new remade soundtrack being sold with it, but its twice the price and only being sold from Square's site.

Here is the PS.Blog post with all the info if anyone is interested, with alot of the answers for questions being asked in the comments.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By fattony12000

You can now preorder the NA version of the twin pack (physical copy of FFX with a code for FFX-2) from Amazon.com for $39.99, to be released on March 18, 2014.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Japanese commercial for the Vita version:

Loading Video...

"15 seconds of people crying...it looks like a commercial for a funeral"

- joe2187 from NeoGAF

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Darji

@fattony12000: because it was a great and sad lovestory that made Japan crying when they think about it . And me too.... FFX was such a fantastic game...

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: If I had to spend 70~ hours with Tidus, I'd cry too.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Verendus

Why couldn't they bundle FFX for PS3 and Vita for 40 bucks? HD or not, I don't want to play X-2 ever again, so now I have to pay 80 bucks to be able to play on PS3 and Vita?

Shame really. I have to get either PS3 or Vita version day 1 though, can't wait to listen to remastered soundtrack..that seymour battle on short trailer just was SO GOOD.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

30 days to go!

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

I'm curious. Will this be available on the PS store? I looked today and I didn't see it under the "coming soon" tab.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@d_w said:

I'm curious. Will this be available on the PS store? I looked today and I didn't see it under the "coming soon" tab.

It is there in the coming soon section for March 21 at least here in EU. Strange if they don't have a PS Store release for NA. I'd buy it on there if it was the same price as retail but at least here I've found retail for cheaper so I'll get that.

I have not been so exited for a FF game since probaly before FFX first came out on PS2, but I somehow am really looking forward to it. I've never understood how the FF13 games are considered to have good combat, all I do is use auto-attack. FFX I remember as the most strategic of all the FF games. It is probably the only FF game where you can't just spam attack. FF12 is too much of an MMO so FFX is really the last of the good FF games in my oppinion. I just hope I am not overhyping it in my head.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.