Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Dec 26, 2013

A collection for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC, containing Final Fantasy X International and Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission featuring HD visuals and a remastered soundtrack.

Drama CD hints at possble FFX-3 (Tidus and Yuna artwork)

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji

A week or so ago the scenario writer explained that FFX-3 is a possibility and now we get even more hints. The Japanese Version of he HD remake includes a drama CD which hints strongly at a FFX-3.

Someone at Neogaf actually translated the main story

Chuami harbors resentment towards Yuna, most likely because of the Auron father thing and also because Chuami actually dislikes Yevon, and Yuna has been doing nothing but praying at the Besaid Temple to a fayth that no longer even exists. Chuami thinks it's bullshit.

A second shoopuf has appeared at Moonflow. In FF10/10-2, the shoopuf at Moonflow is supposed to be the last of its species, so the mystery appearance of a shoopuf who happens to be quite close to the last shoopuf (a sphere of them is described in the audio) is a bit alarming. Thirty years ago the last shoopufs were a couple, but one of them died. My understanding is that Chuami and Kurugum ask Yuna (at Baralai's request) to investigate, and then go Bevelle to meet with Baralai about it. When Yuna refuses, Chuami uses Tidus against her, saying that Tidus is in Bevelle and he seems to be injured, which immediately sparks Yuna's worry.

Yuna agrees to go after consulting Wakka and Lulu, who also come along.

The fayth are acting weird. What fayth normally show are memories or just images of dead people. However, at the Moonflow the traveling crew witness a fayth image respond to a child's question like a sentient being. The child begs her mother to come back, and the mother answers in affirmative.

This later relates to the reappearance of Sin at Bevelle, implying that someone wished for Sin to come back.

In any case, when Sin reappeared, they realize the problem of trying to defeat Sin when summons no longer exist. Wakka and Kurugum defer to Yuna, waiting for her decision on how to handle the new Sin, but like an airhead she says amidst all of this that she must meet Tidus.

So Chuami's pissed and she decides to eavesdrop on Yuna and Tidus. Who happen to be having a lovers' quarrel while Sin runs off like Godzilla I suppose.

At this point Kurugum tells Chuami they will have to part because he has to go with Yuna, that Chuami won't understand because she's not a summoner. Chuami is confused, throws her hands up and tells him to do what he wants.

Chuami heads back to Besaid. Tidus also goes, to ask Lulu about the new guy that Yuna likes. Lulu tells him to go find the guy himself.

At the beach, Chuami wonders aloud where the summoners are; Tidus answers that they must go 'there' (I think he's implying Zanarkand?). Chuami asks him if he's okay with being dumped for that, to which Tidus replies, "We made a promise to be together forever."

Chuami thinks he's full of shit, but doesn't say anything because Tidus is clearly doing a really poor job of hiding his pained face.

At the end, in a stadium setting most likely (from the sounds of crowds and cheering), Yuna promises the people she will defeat Sin.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741166

And this is the artwork of an older Tidus and Yuna.

No Caption Provided

At this point it is quite possible that we will see an announcement next year and the HD Version makes also much more sense now. So what do you guys think? Or do you even want it?

Personally I think it would be interesting to see how they actually continue this story and series^^

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please god no FFX-2 was more than enough thanks

For the record I think FFX is one of the greatest games ever made

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Do it but make a Vita exclusive or something crazy like that and for the Love of God keep the turn based Combat system. My fear is that one day they will remake FF 7 and change the combat system to something Dumb.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It reeks of bad fan fiction..

...Which is why I'm afraid this is happening, It's Toriyama all over again.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who enjoyed both X and X-2 that sounds like the biggest piece of crap ever. I hope that story is entirely made up.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Wait, I never played FFX but... wasn't Tidus an illision or a ghost or something?

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShadyPingu

Please no. They already done fucked up by magicking Tidus back to life in X-2. I shudder to think what poor choices a third game might bring.

In all seriousness, though, making a FFX-3 doesn't make a lick of sense. The main impetus behind direct FF sequels has, historically, been to recoup development costs by re-using game assets. A sequel more than a decade removed largely nullifies this benefit.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TobbRobb

Yeah I don't really have high hopes for this. Still salty about the arranged music the HD version, that scar isn't healing soon. And I can't say that this story tease is really tickling my interest bones.

The real question though, is how would they do it mechanically? Would it be the FF13 combat system? A throwback to X's pure turnbase or maybe something completely new? Well, one can hope that it'll at least be something cool.

@theht Tidus and the Zanarkand he knows was created by the collective dreams of the fayth. So yeah, an illusion of sorts.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By newmoneytrash

@theht said:

Wait, I never played FFX but... wasn't Tidus an illision or a ghost or something?

a dream ghost of a giant monster from the future?

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Sin Returns: Final Fantasy X

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Never liked X much, X-2 ruined what little good it did and the other sequels they've done.. The After Years, Advent Children, etc, have been ridiculously awful.

I've long since stopped caring about Final Fantasy and this would do nothing to help.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's like Yuna and Rinoa performed a DBZ-style fusion dance. Yunoa!

Yuna
    Yuna
    Rinoa
    Rinoa

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Guys, it's kind of early to get super-pissed about this. All we have are a drama CD (which are not uncommon in Japan at all), a couple of pieces of artwork featuring what a post X-2 Tidus and Yuna might look like, and a producer saying that a X-3 is a possibility. Square Enix has been saying a Final Fantasy VII remake has also been a possibility for about a decade now. Believe it's happening when it actually happens and save your judgments until then.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@hailinel: I mean, yeah, it's silly to be pissy about something that may or may not be true, but all the same I think people have a right to say "that would be a bad idea".

Me? I'm ambivalent. But fuck, I'd probably buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
    deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

FF X-2 was good and Id love a X-3

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I think Final Fantasy was at its best when every game was a strong, self-contained story, but I've never really been able to be a fan of the series (often didn't own a system the games were available on) and I don't care at all for the series anymore, so it really doesn't matter what happens from here.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@hailinel: Totally. The amount of ideas that are "possible" but never see the light of day I bet would be a staggering list if we actually saw it.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cmblasko

I still think its awesome that Yuna went from being some sort of devout, chaste priestess in X to a hot-pants-wearing pop star in X-2. That character development was clearly ahead of its time. I hope that she becomes a Fox News correspondent or CEO or something in X-3.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: to be fair it is really a coincidence that all of this happens within release time for FFX/FFX-2 in HD? Honestly I would not mind if it would go away from the Charlie's Angels style that FFX-2 had. But with the fact that summons are completly gone it would be intersting to see what they come up with in the end.

although I would love to see this after FFXV is done of course since this is probably by far my most wanted "next gen" game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hailinel

@darji said:

@hailinel: to be fair it is really a coincidence that all of this happens within release time for FFX/FFX-2 in HD? Honestly I would not mind if it would go away from the Charlie's Angels style that FFX-2 had. But with the fact that summons are completly gone it would be intersting to see what they come up with in the end.

although I would love to see this after FFXV is done of course since this is probably by far my most wanted "next gen" game.

Well, of course they'd make mention of such when FFX and X-2 are on people's minds with the new release. That's not unusual, either. People were also talking about a Final Fantasy VII remake when Square Enix was making those other Final Fantasy VII sequels and prequels. There is nothing that says X-3 is a done deal.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By EuanDewar

If it's like X-2 sure, thats actually genuinely one of my favourite FF games.

Its never gonna happen like that but a lad can dream

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love both X and X-2, and I hope the modern Square Enix never tries to lay their greedy old hands on that legacy. There's almost no way that would turn out good. Want to make a FF game of that vein? Make a new one in that style instead. People would be way more psyched.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's like X-2 sure, thats actually genuinely one of my favourite FF games.

Its never gonna happen like that but a lad can dream

One of the best playing FF games, disaster in everything else.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'd take an X-3

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, they need their C-tier team occupied with another project after the soulless saga called FFXIII. I wouldn't be suprised if they released FFX-3. It's a pity how they've fallen and now Square Enix is forcing MMO-crap on the next deus ex.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think I'm okay with this? As long as it's not super reliant on the stories of the previous two games, it might be pretty nice to go back to Spira and see a couple familiar characters. If I could pick any game from the franchise though X would probably be my 5th choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I freaking hate love triangles. It's probably one of the few things that completely turns me off of a story when it rears its ugly head. I've only read a handful of stories where it was done well, and even then, I didn't like it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hell is a drama cd?

It's an audio drama. (i.e.: Audio only.)

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By Bocam

So the drama cd isn't the only thing pissing people off. The 2.5 novella has Tidus getting his head blown off by mistaking a small, spherical-shaped bomb for a blitzball; he kicks it, his head flies off and lands next to Yuna, who then passes out. In order to bring him back to life, she has sex with his corpse to make him into a fayth.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam:

Also for people who are interested: The whole Audio drama translated in English.

Loading Video...

Will defiantly listen later to it. Also the Novel sounds batshit insane from what I could gather on Gaf. I really hope someone is going to translate this since we will never get this here in the first place...

camwil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone explain the love of FFX? It's a bad game guys. I've played and beat every FF except the mmo ones.

I'm genuinely interested. Maybe I just played it too late or something.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By Chop

@camwil: It was an impressive cinematic game for the time and was the first Final Fantasy on the ps2. That is a double dose of nostalgia for most people who are now in their mid twenties (who if I had to guess, make up the bulk of this community).

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camwil: it was a cheesy and corny love story with great cinematics and a very good battlesystem. So yeah exactly what I want from my FF JRPG

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is probably just something they were thinking about, did some early scenario work on after FFX-2 and then scrapped. Don't get your hopes up. In fact I think I remember hearing that exactly that happened.

However YES PLEASE as long as it's nothing like the shitshow that FFXIII became with its sequels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.