Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Dec 26, 2013

A collection for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC, containing Final Fantasy X International and Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission featuring HD visuals and a remastered soundtrack.

Need a Blitzball Ringer for Shareplay

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Puchiko

I am really enjoying the remaster on PS4. Even took the time to learn the Jecht Shot and want to platinum this game. But Blitzball has always befuddled me and I am at the point in the story it forces you to play a game for Wakka's going away match. Tried it a few times and have no clue what I am doing despite watching all the tutorials in-game and learning of the behind the goal glitch.

Anyone on PS4 think they can beat this for me via Shareplay? This is the only thing keeping me from continuing to play this game. I beat it on PS2 back in the day but used the gameshark to auto-win the blitzball matches.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@puchiko:

You can cheese bliztball by scoring a goal (Jecht Shot is your best best), and then immediately getting the ball again and hiding in your teams net. It can break the opponent AI and they will go back to their own side, letting you just run the clock down.

At least, this should be in the HD version, I'm pretty sure I did it, but it's been like a year since I did that match.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@puchiko:

You can cheese bliztball by scoring a goal (Jecht Shot is your best best), and then immediately getting the ball again and hiding in your teams net. It can break the opponent AI and they will go back to their own side, letting you just run the clock down.

At least, this should be in the HD version, I'm pretty sure I did it, but it's been like a year since I did that match.

Yes I am already aware of that glitch but I can't even score or get past defenders. The camera control is so horrid and stats confusing.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hunkulese

Not really sure what's so befuddling as it's pretty straight forward. Put your guys with high pass and shot at the forward positions and put the guys with high block and tackle on defense.

Use the guys with the high pass number to pass and the guys with the high shoot number to shoot. Put Tidas as the middle forward. When they defend you, look at their numbers, if they have high block, remember that and try and pass before they get close enough to block, otherwise just swim wide until they stop you (don't get caught by two guys), pass it into your middle guy and shoot.

You have to win something like a minimum of 17 games if you want the platinum, so you're going to need to figure it out.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe i'm just too old to remember how to play a 10yr old game. Will just give up for now then.

Not really sure what's so befuddling as it's pretty straight forward. Put your guys with high pass and shot at the forward positions and put the guys with high block and tackle on defense.

Use the guys with the high pass number to pass and the guys with the high shoot number to shoot. Put Tidas as the middle forward. When they defend you, look at their numbers, if they have high block, remember that and try and pass before they get close enough to block, otherwise just swim wide until they stop you (don't get caught by two guys), pass it into your middle guy and shoot.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hunkulese
    @puchiko said:
    @rubberluffy said:

@puchiko:

Yes I am already aware of that glitch but I can't even score or get past defenders. The camera control is so horrid and stats confusing.

The camera doesn't matter since you just need the minimap and all the stats are pretty self-explanatory. What don't you understand about the stats?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Don't you have to play a good amount of Blitzball to get platinum?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@puchiko said:

maybe i'm just too old to remember how to play a 10yr old game. Will just give up for now then.

@hunkulese said:

That's the attitude!

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Are you absolutely dead-set on getting a Platinum? No? Then I'd broom it. For my money Blitzball was by far one of the worst mini-games in the entire Final Fantasy series. It had terrible tutorials, controlled badly, was highly luck based, and matches took way, way too long to play.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TobbRobb

@puchiko: Only shoot with the character that has the highest shoot stat, I think probably Tidus even without Jecht Shot. And then make sure to do it VERY close to the goal, because the shoot stat goes down with distance, and the enemy goalie has a large catch stat. But yeah, if your number is higher than their number when you do a thing, you win. The thing that might throw you off is that the shoot goes down as the ball travels until it drops under the goalies stat.

Definitely double check if Tidus has the best shot at it or not, It's been long enough that I might be wrong. Also position someone with a really high pass stat close to him, so you can run one guy with the ball, pass to tidus before he gets checked and then go for the goal. If you get it just go hide and time them out. That match sucks so much because the numbers are horribly out of the players favor and there's no real way to grind through it like you can do with later (optional) blitzball games.

EDIT: What I mean is, that match sucks so much ON TOP OF already being a blitzball match. So it sucked by default. I have a lot of love for FFX, but the minigames are almost all universally garbage. The chocobo race with the birds being the "winner" in my book. Fuck that thing so much.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paging resident Blitzball expert @jeff

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: Bizarrely, the best shooter in the game is Keepa, but you have to play an insane amount to level him up to the point where that's the case. His stats go in crazy directions at the highest levels, I'm not sure if it was intentional or if the programmers put the wrong numbers in the wrong columns.

At regularly levels though, Tidus is probably the best shooter. At least, the best among those relatively easy/automatic to get.

I actually liked Blitzball, the problem was it was too damn easy even without the glitch. I never even got Wakka's ultimate weapon; playing that many 6-0 (or better) games was just too boring.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TobbRobb

@fezrock: Hah yeah I guess it's ironic that I just shittalked the chocobo race, but at least I actually did that one. I've never even attempted Wakkas weapon because it seemed like such a worthless grind.

I don't even hate the idea of playing a weird rpg/stats version of a sports game. I just felt like it controlled like shit. Sluggish menus and awkward camera/movement. Also a teeeensy bit unbalanced.

Never knew that about Keepa, that's kind of an amusing detail. Almost makes me wonder if it was intentional. Like an inside joke about making the goalie having a great offensive stat. Maybe Wakka was actually just a bad coach and misplaced all his players. XD

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer: The games took too long to play, but it wasnt't really luck based. It's pretty easy to win 95% percent of your games just following a basic strategy.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

You just need to get that beautiful Al-bhed bastard on your team: BROTHER.

He is a deal sealer. TRUST ME.

Too fast that guy... just too fast!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.