Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Dec 26, 2013

A collection for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC, containing Final Fantasy X International and Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission featuring HD visuals and a remastered soundtrack.

Newly arranged music coming to Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Verendus

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/07/newly-arranged-music-coming-to-final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster/

Similar to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, Final Fantasy X will see around 60 of its tracks rearranged for the HD version.

Hadn't seen this one posted yet, so thought I'd share the news, even though they're bit "old" now.I really hope the soundtrack of Final Fantasy X doesn't lose it's original charm, since it was "the last" FF soundtrack I really enjoyed. I listened to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX re-arrangements and they had kept the changes so the music sounded fresh, yet they still had the familiar feeling of the original.

What do you think about SE's decision to re-arrange the songs? Would you like to have an option to use the original X soundtrack? Any certain songs you hope they'd keep unchanged or songs that definitely could "improve"?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind about the newly arranged music but i hope they don't mess up , Wandering flame , Seymour's boss battle , Challenge They were my favorites.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're gonna do this, I sincerely hope, they'll include it as an option rather than force it. I absolutely adored the old soundtrack and would hate to have a re-arranged version forced upon me if I don't fancy it.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has me a little worried. FFX has one of, if not the, best FF scores so if this isn't optional and sucks it's quite likely to ruin the game for me.

marmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I read the title I was hoping for more bad pop songs in X-2.

I love X-2 so much. :'(

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

In some ways it's not a big deal since I own the original FFX soundtrack and continue to listen to it all the time; but in the same way, it is my favourite soundtrack (and also, game) of all time - so it would be annoying to have the uprezed version have a soundtrack I didn't like. Hopefully this just means they are going to use the same instruments etc... and just re-record it at a higher bit-rate with an orchestra so as to give it more clarity.

I went to the Final Fantasy concert earlier this year in London with the London Symphonic Orchestra (they were playing music from FFVI, FFVII and FFX) and something that I came out of that with was knowing that some songs because almost unrecognisable without specific instruments or rhythms in place. Take, for instance, my favourite song of all time from the game: Besaid Island. Listen to the original and then compare it to the Piano Collections version (the depth of instruments defines the song). It sounds completely different. Compare it also to X-2's version which is basically the same song with new arrangement and again it sounds drastically different. My hope is that doesn't happen (although it is a lot less likely since they are able to use whatever instruments they like - removing the hindrance that the piano collections version had - and are aiming to represent the same feel and tone - which X-2 wasn't aiming to do). We shall see.

Interestingly though, in my booklet from the FF event, Hamauzu is quoted (I don't have the exact quote since I can't find it right now, but I remember it vividly) talking about how he always felt there was something missing that he wasn't able to fully express in FFX and he took this event as a chance to rectify that. FFX's part was also different in that it wasn't a musical retelling of the story (like VII's) or the change of specific character's persona throughout the story (which VI's was - focusing on Terra and Kefka); it was instead just supposed to represent the game as a whole, the world independently of the story. So maybe Hamauzu has a personal aim with FFX's music and so might be taking this rerelease as a moment to do that. (It should also be mentioned that while Hamauzu was hands on with the music for FFX at this event; all the other arrangements were done by people who hadn't worked on the original material - Hamauzu and Uematsu were there, but it seems only Hamauzu wanted to be hands on).

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm scared.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This just needs to hurry up and come out.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane122 said:

This has me a little worried. FFX has one of, if not the, best FF scores so if this isn't optional and sucks it's quite likely to ruin the game for me.

Well they kept Kingdom Hearts' soundtrack fairly similar. I don't think we will be seeing dissidia style complete makeovers. I agree with X having one of the best soundtracks, I wouldn't rank it as best but it's easily the most versatile because of 3 different composers. If I recall right, Uematsu did majority of it, at least the most memorable ones. :p

This just needs to hurry up and come out.

I'm with you, I honestly cannot wait. =D They keep posting new screenshots instead of release date though. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.