Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 19, 2001

The first Final Fantasy game for the PlayStation 2 brought cinematic quality to the series with voice acting and fully 3D environments. The story follows Tidus, a young man transported one thousand years into the future to find a world quite unlike his own.

Would you mind if FFX made a prequel?

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Clean

Like explaining how Jecht became Sin. I think it'd be great. The main character could be Auron and describe his pilmagrage with Yuna's father, Braska.

Beaudman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Beaudman

That would actually be pretty cool. I would love playing as Auron as the main character too. The problem is, in FFX they showed alot of the story with the jecht spheres, and there was always just Braska Auron and Jecht in them. So it would be weird if they added extra characters. It would still be cool though.

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By kenzo287

I've always thought FFX would work on PSP so if they did I'd want to see it on that

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Aww heck yeah. FFX is one of ReTarDedFisHy's favorite FFs, this would really be great. He always wanted more depth and insight as to how Jecht exactly became Sin, and how the pilgrimage was.

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Hannibal

I was expecting to come in here and say the idea is dumb but when you told me the premise I realized, "holy shit that would work"

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By suneku

I could see a prequel working, they started a good pre-stroy with Ject and Auron in FFX

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By DarkLegend

It might work out well. Hopefully it wouldn't go the X-2 ways if it were to happen.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By dj

I could see that, however I doubt it would happen anytime soon. Square is too busy at the moment.

legend_cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By legend_cloud

It might take 10 years like what they did for FFVll >_>

jtickner1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jtickner1

I would. SE has ruined the quality of Final Fantasy with countless spin-offs. FFX is fine the way it is and does not need another. FFVII is fine and didn't need one of the many spin-offs it has recieved. SE is all about the money, SS were all about the quality.

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By KnightsofRound
    Clean said:
    "Like explaining how Jecht became Sin. I think it'd be great. The main character could be Auron and describe his pilmagrage with Yuna's father, Braska. "
    This is what I have always said that they should of done instead of FFX-2.  They should of made a game about the story of Jecht, Auron, and Braska, would of made a much better game.  The only problem is that they would kind of go through all of the exact same places, even starting in Besaid.  So they would have to come up with something unique to make the game not feel redundant.
    Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Clean
    KnightsofRound said:
    "Clean said:
    "Like explaining how Jecht became Sin. I think it'd be great. The main character could be Auron and describe his pilmagrage with Yuna's father, Braska. "
    This is what I have always said that they should of done instead of FFX-2.  They should of made a game about the story of Jecht, Auron, and Braska, would of made a much better game.  The only problem is that they would kind of go through all of the exact same places, even starting in Besaid.  So they would have to come up with something unique to make the game not feel redundant.
    "
    I am actually one of the few who liked FFX-2 but I get what your saying about revisting old locations. I would like to see a Zanarkand modern day city like the one Tidus was in in the beginning. and see new aeons and locations Sin destroyed in the future. I really hope Square considers this. I think it would be amazing.
    Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Clean

Another thing I forgot to mention was how similar the characters would be in battle mode or whatever.

Jecht - Tidus
    Braska - Yuna
    Auron( old day maybe even explaining why he was always holding arm or whatevers a younger Auron) - Auron

and then the rest of Braska's guardians could be made up of you know legit characters.

jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By jlaudio7

It would be a lot better than FFX-2 >.>

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#15  Edited By Soap
    jlaudio7 said:
    "It would be a lot better than FFX-2 >.>"
    Exactly what I was going to say.

Yeah a prequel could work out nicely if done right, I guess a PSP game like Crisis Core would work?

Also, did you know that if X-2 sold well to a positive reaction they already had plans and concept art prepared for X-3 which was to focus souly on Rikku and her exploits.... gahhh just the thought of it makes me want to vomit.
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By and333

I would mind cause I did not like X much!

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Clean
    @Soap said:
    " jlaudio7 said:
    "It would be a lot better than FFX-2 >.>"
    Exactly what I was going to say. Yeah a prequel could work out nicely if done right, I guess a PSP game like Crisis Core would work?Also, did you know that if X-2 sold well to a positive reaction they already had plans and concept art prepared for X-3 which was to focus souly on Rikku and her exploits.... gahhh just the thought of it makes me want to vomit. "
    I wouldn't mind....Rikku is kind of cute! ( And I also realize you said this 10 months ago)
    Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But but....we all know how it ends and its not gonna end well :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.