Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XI Online

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 16, 2002

Players from across the globe enter the world of Vana'diel for a Final Fantasy adventure in the series' first foray into the MMORPG genre.

How many of you actually bought

epgpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By epgpx

the Final Fantasy XI with the HDD bundle when it was releases four years ago? Was it worth it?

Dekkarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Dekkarra

I bought it. It was worth it back then, as some other game besisdes FFXI, like SOCOM and the 2kSports games actually utilized it. Also it saved me money on memory cards, as I could just move the files onto the HDD.  It was worth it for me at least.

epgpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By epgpx

Wow! I didn't think anybody bought that thing. Would you recommend me buying it because I'm seriously tempted to ordering it from amazon right now. I wanna use it for the same purpose that you used it for, for transferring save files to the HDD.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By spiceninja

I didn't. I didn't even think anyone actually bought it. It seemed like a waste of money even at the time.

Dekkarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Dekkarra

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it now. You're better off getting the memory card adapter for the PS3 and using it that way.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By CreamyGoodness

didnt have a ps2

BD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By BD

I got it and liked, it ran a hell of alot better on the PS2 than the PC plus the layout of the UI was for a PS control. I never really used the HDD for any other game though. Did have an extra 40g when I set up my new desktop though so it wasnt a complete waste

epgpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By epgpx
    Dekkarra said:
    "Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it now. You're better off getting the memory card adapter for the PS3 and using it that way."

alright
    zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By zhinse

I bought it so long ago. It was really cool at the time to say that you had a hard drive for the ps2. But right now you're better off getting a backwards compatible ps3 while you have the chance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.