Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

How do you get Mog to "do his thing"?

aznan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By aznan

I've started playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PS3 and have been enjoying it so far. I just got to the first ruins area where there is a tutorial that explains that Mog can "sync" objects that are displaced in time in order for you to be able to pick them up.

I had a really hard time getting through that tutorial, but I finally managed to get him to do it. I don't know how, though. I just ended up mashing hella buttons :P Now I see there's an out of sync chest-sphere thing floating a bit further down the dungeon, but I just can't make my moogle do anything.

Don't I just walk up to the chest and press X? Is this some weird bug I've encountered, or am I just missing something really obvious? Anyone else had any problems with this?

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By groin

You have to press R1. If it doesn't work then you need to progress a little further in the story.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

@groin said:

You have to press R1. If it doesn't work then you need to progress a little further in the story.

Or RB on the xbox

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

As others said, you press R1 (it's RB on Xbox so I can't imagine it would be any different on PS3).

aznan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By aznan

Oh, so I guess I was missing something obvious, then :P

Thanks!

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Grissefar
    @Dagbiker said:

@groin said:

Or RB on the xbox

Or R on the Wiimote Classic

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.