Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

Just found this on play.com for £10

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pompouspizza

Is it worth getting?, I got about 20 hours into 13 and stopped, I really did enjoy the combat system but something about it rubbed me the wrong way.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Dixavd

I liked XIII but I definitely found it to be slightly weaker than expected; while XIII-2 was much better for me. In fact it is my favourite game of the year so far. I would definitely reccommend it at that price (In fact I think, if I remember rightly, I wrote a fairly long-ish review of it on the Play.com PS3 version page and gave it 4/5 stars).

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Contrarian

I picked up the same game for just slightly more than that and haven't touched it yet, but I still think at that price, you have little to lose. I actually liked XIII and managed 100 hours of it (the last boss was easy and I didn't even realise I had finished). Both those points make my opinion invalid, but still, give it a shot.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pompouspizza

Thanks guys, I decided to go for it.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mitsuko_souma

I quit XIII at about chapter 10 or so. I think I had the exact opposite reaction. I was into the story and most of the characters, but I don't like the combat system at all. The whole paradigm shifting while teh AI plays for you doesn't do it for me.

Regardless of what I just wrote, I picked up XIII-2 on sale this week for $15 because I think the lesser amount of characters along with the pokemon like aspect of collecting creatures appeals to me. I just watched the ending to XIII on youtube instead of ever thinking about finishing that game. It might be awhile before I ever get to playing XIII-2 though, it is pretty far down my backlog of games.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DoctorWelch

If you didn't play the first one then don't play the sequel. Simple as that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.