Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

Lightning focused DLC inbound!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi
    Square Enix will release its promised Lightning-focused DLC for Final Fantasy 13-2 at some point in May 2012, according to a report from Dengeki PlayStation (via Andriasang). The assumption is that the new content will come sometime after the planned May 15 release of the Snow-focused DLC pack.
    The Lightning DLC, called Requiem of the Goddess, involves a battle between Serah's older sister and Caius, the FF13-2 antagonist. Finish the DLC and you'll unlock Armored Lightning for use as a party member, complete with her own set of abilities. Also coming in May is another content pack that will add White Mage Serah and Black Mage Noel costumes, along with 16 Moogle costumes, to the game.

Source

Yes! Finally the DLC I've been waiting for. I really want to see more Caius vs Lightning. Also wouldn't mind a reason to finally return to this game. This is still by far my favorite release of the year. So much fun and Caius is the best FF antagonist of all time. Might pick up the Sazh and Snow DLC while I'm at it.

jonny_mung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jonny_mung

Cool beans. Count me in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I keep hearing that the game is bare bones and the all the things that would of made this a complete package are being sold as DLC.  EA could learn from SquareEnix.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By musubi

@bartok: Thats not true AT ALL. There are over 70 hours worth of gameplay if you want to really dive in. Its vastly improved from the previous game. And the time travel mechanic lets them do some fun things with the story. The game is hardly bare bones unless you count 70+ hours as bare bones.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Cool looking forward to it.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Petiew

I skepped the Sazh DLC after hearing it was fairly lackluster, but i'll definitely get the Lightning story and maybe the Snow one.
    The DLC for this game has actually been pretty good, got the Ultros fight as soon as it came out. Has anyone tried the Gilgamesh fight?

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By vidiot
    @Demoskinos said:

@bartok: Thats not true AT ALL. There are over 70 hours worth of gameplay if you want to really dive in. Its vastly improved from the previous game. And the time travel mechanic lets them do some fun things with the story. The game is hardly bare bones unless you count 70+ hours as bare bones.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

To nitpick: The main plot of XIII-2 is somewhere between 30-40 hours on the high-end. If you want a platinum trophy, it's about 10-15 hours more. Granted, the content and things you are doing are far more diverse than grinding for cash for hours-on-end like it was in XIII. 70+ hours is pushing it.
    As for the actual statement that some of this DLC stuff probably should have been in the game: As it stands now you're both right. XIII-2 clearly has enough content in it in which it could be proclaimed as a full-game, but some of the DLC seems bizarrely minimal and rests a bit on the side of taking advantage of consumers:  
    DLC Coliseum bosses? Really? Perhaps it wouldn't be as bad if they didn't have area's and locations already built for the DLC. If the game was released a few years ago, no question about it, that type of stuff would be on the disk.   
    Oh- And paid costumes are glorified horse armor, and that needs to be stopped. Although apparently it's not as bad as some games.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By musubi

@vidiot: Well I got nearly 80hours out of it and honestly if you really wanted to go nuts and capture and raise every monster in the game to its maximum potential that is easily over 100 hours. So like i said the potential is there if you want to dive in. Most people are going to be tourists and run through the story once and be done. I think the DLC slots in nicely as the time travel angle allows them to play around with the story in ways a lot of other games can't.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By vidiot
    @Demoskinos said:

I think the DLC slots in nicely as the time travel angle allows them to play around with the story in ways a lot of other games can't.

The game is still one of the, if not the, shortest entries of the series. Also if one of these fun-filled angles involves me buying the ending: Consider myself done with this series for a very long time.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By ZenaxPure

@vidiot: SE registered a site for FF13-3 a long time ago, I'd say a sequel is more in the realm of possibility than the ending being sold as dlc (but no body knows until its release obviously).

As for the game's length that isn't really true if we're comparing the series as a whole. Most of the earlier titles were extremely short games. I am sitting here right now looking at my FF4 save file at the final dungeon of the game and it's only 23 hours. My first play through of FF5 was only 20 hours or so. Yes compared to recent main line games FF13-2's main story is fairly short but not as the series as a whole.

On topic though, they released a screen shot on the Lightning DLC stuff and it looks like Lightning has different paradigms than the main game and is fighting solo (at least in that one screen) I am curious to see how it all plays out. Without heavy modifications of some sort solo combat in the 13 and 13-2 combat system would be very damn boring.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TentPole

I like to take every chance I get to praise this game. So I am going to take advantage of this thread to say that this is the best Final Fantasy in years.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BasketSnake

I started playing it just now. I hated the characters in 13 and I didn't really enjoy the game. I've decided to give this one a chance. I still don't like the characters in these latest FF's.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EXTomar

I am all for more "episodes" in FF13-2. I just hope they are a little more reasonable on the price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.