Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

Ps3 people lets talk about load times.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So, what is everyone averaging on load times? I'm getting anywhere between 30-40 seconds for loads depending on how large the area. If its one thing the 360 version beats the Ps3 on its load times. So what is everyone averaging on load times on the Ps3?

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MiniPato

Long, especially when loading places like Academia. I haven't counted, but they're long enough for me to notice how long they are.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

30 to 40 seconds? Ouch, honestly I think mine are closer to around 20 seconds. A couple of them feel a bit long, but since it pretty much only loads once per area I am not too bummed out on the whole thing. Only becomes a problem if you plan to go to a bunch of different areas in a small time frame, which probably lead to me doing as many fragments in an areas as I could without leaving.

Also fun fact, move the right analog stick around during load screens! 

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By huntad

Well this is a real bummer. I was thinking of getting it for PS3...

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MiniPato

@huntad said:

Well this is a real bummer. I was thinking of getting it for PS3...

You only load each time you enter a new level/time period. So the load times aren't even that frequent unless you're bouncing around constantly. I've gotten used to them, but when loading bigger areas, it becomes noticeable.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By huntad

@MiniPato: Oh, hmm. Well I might be able to deal with that. You're not constantly going back and forth to different areas in different time periods?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

They're a little long, but nothing severe. I'm able to live with it. I was actually surprised when I learned that the game doesn't have an install option.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That are a little long but I don't mind. It's like i'm really going through time.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MiniPato

@huntad said:

@MiniPato: Oh, hmm. Well I might be able to deal with that. You're not constantly going back and forth to different areas in different time periods?

If you're doing side stuff like hunting for fragments you might be going back and forth between them.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By AuthenticM

I'd say around between 8-10 seconds. I have a 7200rpm drive.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By musubi

@Zenaxzd: Yeah, I stop watched it. Was wondering if it was my PS3 but I dunno I don't seem to really have any other issues with any other games. It would REALLY help if they patched in a install option like Bayonetta eventually got. I've been using videos from hsypersakura2009 on youtube and was noticing he seems to be getting similar times with about 40 seconds for his load into Archylte Steppe. So, Im wondering whats going on because Lens of Truth reported about 22 second times.

Watch... his load is from about 0:38 - 1:22

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By m1k3

loading into a new time period is when i experience long load times (but not long enough to annoy me). other than that they seem normal.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CounterShock

Yeah they suck, it's even more shitty that there is no optional install.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Contrarian

They can't be any worse than GT5. I do find the load times for the PS3 in general very poor. Sony have always been bad, but the PS1 was by far the worst, closely followed by the PSP. Won't stop me getting the PS3 version of FFXIII-2 though.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By uniform

Yeah, they can be long, but the saving grace for me is being amused by moving the right analog stick to move the crazy wormhole around. No, I'm not on drugs.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FancySoapsMan

They're about 20 seconds long for me.

But they're few and far between so it's not really a problem.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Demoskinos: Yeah... the Steppes is brutal. Farming for 50% atb weapons I got pretty annoyed with the load times (I feel like some even went up to a minute) since you have to leave and come back to respawn the big bosses.
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Morrow

@Demoskinos: Maybe the ppl who experience a longer loading period got more data on their drive? I load between 15-20 secs and got plenty of room on my 320 GB drive. What leads me to think this is I never experienced the infamous savegame bug in Skyrim. And most ppl who also said they're not affected had bigger harddrives with less saved data. So maybe it could be this? The FF save is the biggest save I had so far, with 23MB.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By harinosho

@AuthenticM said:

So, just be clear here.. the load times are less when you replaced your drive with a higher rpm drive? if so.. i got a few i can use..

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By AuthenticM

@harinosho said:

@AuthenticM said:

So, just be clear here.. the load times are less when you replaced your drive with a higher rpm drive? if so.. i got a few i can use..

That is correct. The results will very depending on the game being played, but the most obvious improvement that you will notice is that trophies will pop-up a lot faster than before. The XMB is also more responsive.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EXTomar

Were loading times for the PS3 version a problem? I can't tell...it isn't speedy but it isn't problem either. The most obvious lengthy load is crossing the Historia Crux but otherwise when moving about the world it seems fine to me.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @EXTomar said:

Were loading times for the PS3 version a problem? I can't tell...it isn't speedy but it isn't problem either. The most obvious lengthy load is crossing the Historia Crux but otherwise when moving about the world it seems fine to me.

Some of the areas take a bit to load on the PS3, that's about it. Not a huge problem since each area only loads once really.
    Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Dixavd

I felt like overall I spent less time loading than I did in most other games. Especially since there isn't any loading within areas which sort of surprised me - I like how fast they get into/out of battles for instance. Plus the way the game is generally a much faster experience than say the original FF13, it didn't bother me.

Like for instance, playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations lately and finding a loading screen every time I start/restart or quit a mission more annoying than 13-2 even though each of them is much shorter. Even then AC's loading times aren't that much of an annoyance but it is the opposite side of the coin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.