Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Blinded by Raichu

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BombKareshi

So I got this crazy idea to combine two battle themes from entirely unrelated games! I'm hoping there's still a couple of Final Fantasy and/or Pokémon fans among you duders. Preferably both...

This is my own little arrangement of the classic "Trainer Battle" theme from the very first Pokémon game (by Jun'ichi Masuda), meant to resemble "Blinded by Light" from Final Fantasy XIII (by Masashi Hamauzu and Ryou Yamazaki) in terms of instrumentation. These two pieces have about as much in common as they are different, so it was quite a challenge. Hope you guys like it!

"Blinded by Raichu" by BombKareshi

Disclaimer: Credit to the original composers, of course. I do write my own original music, but this track is absolutely a derived piece.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found the originals on YouTube, should be fun to compare.

Here's the Trainer Battle original:

Loading Video...

And here's Blinded by Light:

Loading Video...

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I could definitely see that being used in a modern remake. It's really good!

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb: Hey, thanks! I'm just glad I was able to meld the two without creating a complete cacophony.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.