Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Did this game only give fuel to the console war?

shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By shadowjak

Simple yes or no, did this game being ported to the 360 only add more tension to the console war and give 360 owners more to work with or no it didn't matter at all and we just get it for 360 as well yay?

I say yes it did, I've been using it. Feels like there was an unsaid 'CHAAAARGE' spoken amongst 360 fans.

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Terra1909

Who cares?

In this day and age where 90 percent of content comes to both platforms, the concept of console wars seems dumb.

Trickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Trickster

It'll definiatly help fuel the 360 fanboys since it's another win for them so to speak, they get to gloat over PS3 owners loosing another exclusive title.

And of course this was one of the 2 major games that a lot of people said would be what saved sony this gen.

Bodycount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Bodycount

No, it ended the war. 360 won as everyone expected.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Termite
    Bodycount said:
    "No, it ended the war. 360 won as everyone expected.
    "
    ^^^

Already said "Charge!" now contemplating the rewards of winning war
    LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By LightYagami245
    iplaygames said:
    "Who cares?

In this day and age where 90 percent of content comes to both platforms, the concept of console wars seems dumb.
    "
    I fully agree with this statement.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rowr

Did this game give fuel to the console war. Yes, thats fact.

I dont understand. Are you implying the sole reason of announcing it for the xbox was so xbox owners could say "so there!"?

If so, No but a little bit Yes. Its a big blow in the public eye when they are all trying to outdo eaches others press conferences.
    Im sure Microsoft dont mind inciting Fanboys to work for free harrassing the oppositions consumers either, but really people take that on for their own insecurities.

NinjaMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By NinjaMunkey

A bit, though I dont think many ps3 owners really care too much. O ow all three so meh, but if I only had a ps3 I would be happy as i personally dont like the series, but many people I know with 360's do, it was a good move.

I dont think it ends the war like some said though, sonys 1st and second party exclusives are looking great. The only problem i have ever had with MS are its lack of first party devs. Its worrying as when games get to expensive to make, MS will loose exclusives, whilst any forst party devs will have to stay put...

capitanm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By capitanm1

Im just pissed that we (nintendo fans) dont get games like this. We get Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles remakes and Chocobo games.... Must be fun being a PS3 360 fan :/

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Rowr
    capitanm1 said:
    "Im just pissed that we (nintendo fans) dont get games like this. We get Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles remakes and Chocobo games.... Must be fun being a PS3 360 fan :/
    "
    You werent born into being a nintendo fan were you?

come to the darkside....
    epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By epic_pets

No, is really not a big deal.It was an important exlusive but not a major one.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By swamplord666

eh... i respect RPGs but i've never got into it. i think it's a huge plus for 360 but it's neutral for ps3. ps3 fans still get it in the end.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fenixrevolution

Every game seems to fuel this stupid war in one way or another. Other message boards *cough*gamefaqs*cough* will be filled with "which version is better?" threads a week prior to release.

BANK ON IT!

SecondCity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SecondCity

FFXIII coming to the 360 is a pretty big deal, yeah. I've heard lots of people say that they have no reason to buy a PS3 anytime soon because of the announcement. Coincidence or not, but the 360 beat out the PS3 in sales the week after the announcement, and that has not happened for a long time now.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By ShadowSkill11

People in this country don't even care about actual war because it no longer affects our citizens in a meaningful way anymore. Why  the fuck would they give a shit about squabbling adolescents arguing over which console is better than he next? When the only reason they argue is because they are too poor to buy multiple consoles to play all the games they want and they have a need to justify their purchase to themselves?

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Otacon

If your a mindless brainwashed fan boy in the vein of, Now PS3 has nothing! Or, Square betrayed Sony! then yes. If your a normal gamer, no it doesn't.

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Psytek

There is no war, because the number of console fanboys is actually quite low compared to the number of fully grown adults who buy their consoles with their own money... That's right kids, we look down on you, and we don't give a shit which console wins, because we can afford to buy all 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.