Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Final Fantasy XIII Demo Out In March '09(for Japan)

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lantus
    Kotaku

A PS3 exclusive demo will be coming out in March of next year with the release of Advent Children Complete on Blu-Ray, they will be bundled together, and will also come with new videos of Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII. So far it's only been announced for Japan.
    pwnmaster3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pwnmaster3001

and america cause it's a worldwide release for the movie

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sweet.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

Well, I'll be getting that regardless of where it's coming out for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since its not even started on the 360 yet, of course its going to be a 360 exclusive....

It's funny, they don't even know HOW they will make it on 360 yet. MS just shoved a bunch of cash at them, and said do it.

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By normajean777

well im buying the blu ray day one so hopefully we will get the trailers at least

Avatar image for americanpegasus
    AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AmericanPegasus
    Sentry said:
    "Since its not even started on the 360 yet, of course its going to be a 360 exclusive....

It's funny, they don't even know HOW they will make it on 360 yet. MS just shoved a bunch of cash at them, and said do it.
    "
    They have it planned out. They're using a cross platform system so they're going to make it on the PS3 than port it to the 360/PC.
    DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By DeeJay

So demo in March next year...well we won't be getting the full game anytime soon I guess then (although to be fair, it was a bit naive to think we would).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:
    "Since its not even started on the 360 yet, of course its going to be a 360 exclusive....

"
    They have it planned out. They're using a cross platform system so they're going to make it on the PS3 than port it to the 360/PC.
    "

Yeah, exactly, but they don't even know how they will port it exactly, how many discs it will take, what will be refined to work on 360, etc.

They will launch it on PS3 in Japan first, then work on localizing it for US, and while doing that they will be porting and localizing it for the 360, so obviously the PS3 version will be out before the 360 version, according to SE, but MS says otherwise, which proves there is a lot of iffyness around the topic, and it was just a 'here is money do it' situation.
    AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AmericanPegasus
    Sentry said:
    "AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:

"
    "

Yeah, exactly, but they don't even know how they will port it exactly, how many discs it will take, what will be refined to work on 360, etc.

They will launch it on PS3 in Japan first, then work on localizing it for US, and while doing that they will be porting and localizing it for the 360, so obviously the PS3 version will be out before the 360 version, according to SE, but MS says otherwise, which proves there is a lot of iffyness around the topic, and it was just a 'here is money do it' situation.
    "
    Why do people love to assume that the reason every PS3 game goes multiplatform is because MS handed them a loads and loads of money. Look at GTA  IV, DMC4, and AC. All of them sold more copies on the 360, despite 2 of them being Play station exclusives last gen. Don't you think that maybe square-enix saw this and decided that it was best to port it to the 360/PC?
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Lies

Yeah, but the poor saps who buy this will be stuck with Advent Children. D=

Trust me, I own a copy. This is not something worth whatever ridiculous price they'll charge for the collectors edition in Japan, even with a demo.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vyse_Legends
    Great now I have to debate buying the blu-ray version.:(Curse my lack of PS3 owning friends in real life who are fans of FF and may let me borrow the movie(and by movie I mean demo).:x
    hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By hazelnutman

I will move heaven and hell to get the demo.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vyse_Legends
    hazelnutman said:
    "I will move heaven and hell to get the demo.
    "
    Not if it get's you first.:|

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:
    "AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:

"
    "

"
    Why do people love to assume that the reason every PS3 game goes multiplatform is because MS handed them a loads and loads of money. Look at GTA  IV, DMC4, and AC. All of them sold more copies on the 360, despite 2 of them being Play station exclusives last gen. Don't you think that maybe square-enix saw this and decided that it was best to port it to the 360/PC?
    "

LOL, so you are telling me Square Enix decided to make it on 360 willingly, without any money handed to them? Yeah; right.

Give me a break, if that were true they would at least have single clue on how they will port the damn game to the 360. Oh yeah, and why would they keep the PS3 version from coming out when it is ready? MS payed them to not release the PS3 version until the 360 version is also ready, this is not something willing, this is a deal, a contract.

I guarantee you that this deal was not made with the companies best interests in mind, MS proposed them an offer. Feel free to argue with me this fact all you want but I know it is fact, for various reasons.
    Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry said:
    "LOL, so you are telling me Square Enix decided to make it on 360 willingly, without any money handed to them? Yeah; right.

Give me a break, if that were true they would at least have single clue on how they will port the damn game to the 360. Oh yeah, and why would they keep the PS3 version from coming out when it is ready? MS payed them to not release the PS3 version until the 360 version is also ready, this is not something willing, this is a deal, a contract.

I guarantee you that this deal was not made with the companies best interests in mind, MS proposed them an offer. Feel free to argue with me this fact all you want but I know it is fact, for various reasons.
    "
    I feel the same way. They've (MS) have been doing it A LOT this generation and I doubt we'll see it stop. Titles like GTAIV, Bioshock, Oblivion and others all look to be favoring MS and then we find out the dirty details later on.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By PenguinNerd

Man it's nice coming back from vacation to some great news :D

I was already going to be getting this anyways but this is awesome.  Actually I kind of expected something like this.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

Versus demo would b nice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at least this will give us a taste of what Versus has to offer.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By PenguinNerd
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Versus demo would b nice.
    "
    Not even in a perfect world.....but I'll keep dreaming for a versus demo and maybe if I ask Santa and behave then it can happen :D
    AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AmericanPegasus
    Sentry said:
    "AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:
    "AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:

"
    "

"
    "

LOL, so you are telling me Square Enix decided to make it on 360 willingly, without any money handed to them? Yeah; right.

"
    Did they get paid by MS? Probably. Did they do it unwillingly? probably not. There's a point where they can't ignore the 360 install base in America. That's a lot of Potemkin money.

And what the hell are you talking about "they don't know how to port". The engine they're making it for it a multi platform engine, after they're done building it for them PS3, they'll release it to Japan, and while localizing it for the US they'll port it. They game isn't out in a year, of course they probably don't have everything perfectly planned.

And why do you think you know things that go on before two major companies are a fact? Who told you? Does you friend's dad work at MS or something? And believe me SE would not have accepted that offer if it wasn't in their best interest. SE main objective isn't to please fanboys on a message board, it's to make money, and they can still turn deals down if they feel it doesn't benefit their company.

So please don't guarantee anything without fact.

epgpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By epgpx

so this demo is only exclusive to Japan not America?

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:
    "AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:

"
    "

"
    "
    AC and GTA yes but DMC sold more on the PS3, and Trusty Bell has sold more units in Japan that Eternal Sonata worldwide. It just goes to probe that the PS3 userbase eats japanese games, while the 360 eats western games.
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    EPGPX said:
    "so this demo is only exclusive to Japan not America?
    "
    No, the demo will be released alongside the movie in both areas.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LiquidPrince

The movie comes out later in NA though.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    DragoonKain1687 said:
    "AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:
    "AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:

"
    "

"
    "
    AC and GTA yes but DMC sold more on the PS3, and Trusty Bell has sold more units in Japan that Eternal Sonata worldwide. It just goes to probe that the PS3 userbase eats japanese games, while the 360 eats western games.
    "
    err...barely.
    But I wouldn't exactly say that japanese games don't do well on the 360.  They sell extremely well, even the rpgs which even on the ps2 would sometimes have trouble breaking a million especially if it wasnt by square enix

lost odyssey- 750,000
    ninja gaiden 2- 640,000
    blue dragon- 500,000
    dead rising- 1,740,000
    lost planet- 1,610,000
    and it really doesn't end there.  devil may cry sold 1,090,000 on xbox.

lets look at japanese games on the ps3.  DMC sold 1,240,000 here.
    lost planet- 340,000
    folklore- 180,000
    ninja gaiden: sigma: 380,000
    metal gear solid 4: 2,690,000

not really such a difference, I'd say that 360 players gobble up more japanese games in general and seem to, in general, like jrpgs and arent afraid to play new ones either.
    as for your eternal sonata theory, that's not right because uhh... it's not out for the ps3 in japan yet.  ES sold more worldwide on the xbox than in japan alone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:
    "AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:
    "AmericanPegasus said:
    "Sentry said:

"
    "

"
    "

"
    Did they get paid by MS? Probably. Did they do it unwillingly? probably not. There's a point where they can't ignore the 360 install base in America. That's a lot of Potemkin money.

And what the hell are you talking about "they don't know how to port". The engine they're making it for it a multi platform engine, after they're done building it for them PS3, they'll release it to Japan, and while localizing it for the US they'll port it. They game isn't out in a year, of course they probably don't have everything perfectly planned.

And why do you think you know things that go on before two major companies are a fact? Who told you? Does you friend's dad work at MS or something? And believe me SE would not have accepted that offer if it wasn't in their best interest. SE main objective isn't to please fanboys on a message board, it's to make money, and they can still turn deals down if they feel it doesn't benefit their company.

"
    Exactly, they did get payed, and that is all I am saying. And I don't care if you believe me or not all I said was it is fact that MS confronted them with a deal, an offering, in a very short time period (which is why even SE has no clue what is going to happen), and they made a deal. I know that from someone who is inside the industry (laugh all you want, I couldn't care less), and he has never been wrong about anything with me in the past two years +.

Not only that, but just the way SE is talking about it shows, I mean, they even said "We're making the PS3 version first, and then porting to the 360 later.... I'm telling [the development team] to not think about the Xbox 360 right now. We can think about it after the development kits arrive... Right now, we're fully concentrating on the PS3 version."

Just goes to show that it was not in for dedication to that platform. Oh yeah, and it also goes to show how much MS and SE care about gamers, with the fact that they will be holding the SP3 version back, even though it is 100% ready, just in order for them both to launch simultaneously. If that isn't bullshit, I don't know what is.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince
    AmericanPegasus said:

"
    On an interesting side not, one of my friend's dad's does actually work at Microsoft.
    lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lantus
    Sentry said:
    Exactly, they did get payed, and that is all I am saying. And I don't care if you believe me or not all I said was it is fact that MS confronted them with a deal, an offering, in a very short time period (which is why even SE has no clue what is going to happen), and they made a deal. I know that from someone who is inside the industry (laugh all you want, I couldn't care less), and he has never been wrong about anything with me in the past two years +.

Not only that, but just the way SE is talking about it shows, I mean, they even said "We're making the PS3 version first, and then porting to the 360 later.... I'm telling [the development team] to not think about the Xbox 360 right now. We can think about it after the development kits arrive... Right now, we're fully concentrating on the PS3 version."

Just goes to show that it was not in for dedication to that platform. Oh yeah, and it also goes to show how much MS and SE care about gamers, with the fact that they will be holding the SP3 version back, even though it is 100% ready, just in order for them both to launch simultaneously. If that isn't bullshit, I don't know what is.
    "
    Don't go off on me, but my theory is that Microsoft approached Square with an ultimatum, where they subtly hinted saying support us with your big titles, or they wouldn't guarantee Squares games already near completion a release on their console. Sounds crazy, but the way Square talks about the Final Fantasy XIII development, it sounds not so appealing to them.

Really, why else would Square commit to a simultaneous release on Final Fantasy XIII on both platforms, but not for The Last Remnant? Or when Square gets asked why they're promoting Star Ocean on 360 only, but not as an exclusive, and not announcing a PS3 version, what the hell is up with that? Something is majorly up between Square and Microsoft.
    epgpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By epgpx
    DragoonKain1687 said:
    "EPGPX said:
    "so this demo is only exclusive to Japan not America?
    "
    No, the demo will be released alongside the movie in both areas.
    "
    Did they announce a release date here for NA?
    dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By dietmango
    Not yet probably. Man I guess we have to wait for the finished game sometime next year.
    thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thelastguy

Good news.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.