Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 Is Only Two Months Old

• 84 results
    InfiniteZr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By InfiniteZr0

I'm gonna stick with the PS3 version.

The 360 version is obviously going to have many more disk swaps, and if there is CGI, then it's going to be crappy low res avi or something.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By asurastrike
    @Snapstacle said:
    " So I have to wonder; besides Tri-Ace's games, will SE make any other games for the "next-gens" that aren't FF? I really fell in love with Square's other RPGs (although they were mostly Japan-only so I had to play translated roms for a majority of them), but getting a new IP or something would be amazing. "
    Square published and developed The Last Remnant.
    lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By lantus

I'll stick with the PS3 version, it's the version I always intended to buy, and I just don't think the 360 version will have the same amount of polish.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By dietmango

I'll stick with the PS3. Better graphics, more memory. Japanese audio track would be pretty cool.

Callumrides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By Callumrides

cant wait for it 

what up with all the 
    fan boy shit anyway who cares what formant you play it as long as u play
    Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Guardian

Anyone come across a platform comparison? Im curious.

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ElectricHaggis

Achievements?
    Indeed.

Egge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Egge
    I'll go for the PS3 version, if only because it's the original version and because it somehow feels wrong to play a FF game on anything else than a Sony console (FFXI and handheld remakes notwithstanding)...

One a side note, the last question of the post was obviously rhetorical but I still didn't get it, despite checking the links (a messy Achievements list and some random Kotaku post is just not enough to get this commentator's deductive reasoning off the ground)...
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PureRok

Whichever one has the Japanese VO is the one I'm getting (unless neither of them have it... which would suck).

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Al3xand3r
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    " Xbox 360 version looks like shit.  PS3 forever!Why do the 360 versions of games always look so much worse?This must be why nathan fillon left uncharted 4 odst and it realizes the ps3 sux "
    Lol? Who? Left what? A hired actor is now used as a means to tell what system is better? You reach a new high in absurdity every day, holy shit. Can't you at least be consistent, just recently you were in Wii threads talking about how awesome the PS360 are, now the PS3 "sux" also? ROFL. Will you like the Wii more thanks to Kevin Sorbo and Mark Sheppard or something?Oh God, thanks for making my noon xD

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cspiffo

I still like the return to the ATB system.  I didn't like the MMO inspired battle system in XII so much.  The game was pretty good though. 

Damn it!  Every time I think I'm not going to get the next FF they draw me back in.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By TheHBK

Oh man oh man.  This is the first time I have really been disappointed in the readers here at Giant Bomb.  Seriously, either this article has gotten resonses from people who didn't read the comparison and discussion done or you guys are just PS3 fanboys to the end.  The only difference is gonna be Achievements or Japanese audio track (Even if that!).  Also, swapping discs?  What every 8 hours is too much to that?
    But here is the real issue that I have with most of you responding.  THe typical response... you know what here is a classic.
    asian_pride says..."I'll stick with the PS3. Better graphics, more memory. Japanese audio track would be pretty cool."  You guys seriously did not go read the comparison and discussion made of the two versions.  Better graphics?  No, they discuss how compromises have to be made to get the 2xAA on the PS3 most of the time but that they can get the PS3 version to look as good as the 360 version.  That is one of the biggest points in the article, that most developers have a hard time making the PS3 version look as good unless they leave all the jaggies in.  GTA4 made some compromises, like resolution.  So SE does not want to do that, lets see if they can.
    Can you people read the fucking article, they talk about the CGI as well, how it will all be HD, even on the 360.  Also, don't blame the 360 for the game being released in 2010.  It won't be the 360 port that holds the release back, it is Square Enix and anyone who has followed the FF series will know that.  SE likes to release their FF games up to a year after the Japanese release just because they are assholes like that.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Media_Master

looks nice

ghostNPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By ghostNPC
    Amen, TheHBK.
    ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ahriman22
    @TheMustacheHero: It's like the FFX-2 Battle system. They move around too, but it's still ATBs.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @ahriman22: Oh, well I never played X-2 so...
    venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By venom

PS3 for me.

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SolemnOaf

The only way I could be less interested in FFXIII is if I recieved brain surgery performed with instruments of blunt trauma.  The prospect of FFXIV is much more intruiging to me. 

If I want to battle with menus, I'll go to a french restaurant.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ahriman22
    @TheMustacheHero: It's fun and the battle system isn't stale like the previous releases. It could get pretty friggin hectic at times.
    TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By TerraDelu

Man, no matter what I do, I can't get myself to give a shit about Trophies...

gangstaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By gangstaboy
    @TheHBK: Nice comment. Whilst I choose the PS3 version at the moment until Xbox360 Japanese Voice Acting becomes news, I agree with you.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72  Edited By KingBroly

I don't think Achievements in an RPG is something you really want to buy a game for.  Most of them are really hard and tedious to get.

DanCarew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DanCarew

PS3 version because of FF Versus XIII.  I don't want one game on one system and the corresponding other game on another system.  Having them next to each other will just look weird.

Bereaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Bereaver

This could easily go both ways.  If the development was started on the Xbox360 first, it would be able to be ported over to ps3 in two months as well.  Because their using cross-platform tools not system exclusive tools.

This *news* is bollocks.

*PS* You guy's gotta stop comparing multi-platform graphics.... lol....  The only way to see what a system is really capable of are exclusives designed to use each console's unique processor and video card.

*PS2* (no relation to sony)  Even if SE could make FFXIII look better on PS3, Microsoft wouldn't allow it.  So we will truly never know. *******FACT*******

otzlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By otzlowe
    @Brackynews said:
    " I'm fine with buying and playing both.  With a staggered release window it's not a pain, it's a privilege. ;) "
    Thank you.

---
    C'mon people. Console wars are positively moronic. Arguing over who has the better hunk of plastic is worthless when you consider that the point is to play games. That is, unless you want to always have to pay more money to have unfettered acess to every game developed. In that case, keep trying to find the e-peen insert jack on the back of your console. I'm sure it'll pay off eventually.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#76  Edited By Bouke

I also love me some achievements!

Eriktion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Eriktion

I'd really like a special edition FFXII PS3 slim bundle with some gorgeous artwork on it. I'd pick up a second system if that happened, price drop or not.

As for the fanboy "war" - Only Time Will Tell!

It's kind of cute in a way that this will be the 360's FFVII, with 4 discs (or more). Let's hope that too many people don't fall in love with FF only to realize that the next FF game for Xbox is 5 years down the road, or they might cross over to the dark side.

babz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By babz

ps3 alllllllllllll the way, no disk swapping trust me that get hella enjoying

silkyskeeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By silkyskeeter

LoL just love seeing all these fanboy/girl comments.....all you ps3 fanboys/girls do know that ps3 is a monster to make games for right...well you should if you are a true fanboy/girl... with that put out there....THERE IS NO TRUE VERSION it is MADE on PC then PORTED then reworked for the system that it is put on.....so ps3 isnt and never will be the true version of ANY game let alone this one.  The reason there was a working 360 version availible for e3 was because....listen carefully......360 is the closest to pc you can get on a console so the transition is alot easier and smoother process unlike the transition from Developement to Ps3 which any developer will tell you is a task in its self let alone the creation of the game.

Eitherway doesnt matter to me I have every system so most likely I will get it for what ever system has exclusive content for the game...if both are identical...I wil probably buy the 360 version just for coding sake.......Square has a bad reputation for having coding problems in their games (look at any Final Fantasy or Squaresoft game or SquareEnix game) so there will most likely be higher accurances of that in the Ps3 transition but....if ps3 has exclusives like they did with Ninja Gaiden.. I will get the Ps3 version..... I guess time will tell

Sliqcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#80  Edited By Sliqcore
    @silkyskeeter said:
    " LoL just love seeing all these fanboy/girl comments.....all you ps3 fanboys/girls do know that ps3 is a monster to make games for right...well you should if you are a true fanboy/girl... with that put out there....THERE IS NO TRUE VERSION it is MADE on PC then PORTED then reworked for the system that it is put on.....so ps3 isnt and never will be the true version of ANY game let alone this one.  The reason there was a working 360 version availible for e3 was because....listen carefully......360 is the closest to pc you can get on a console so the transition is alot easier and smoother process unlike the transition from Developement to Ps3 which any developer will tell you is a task in its self let alone the creation of the game.Eitherway doesnt matter to me I have every system so most likely I will get it for what ever system has exclusive content for the game...if both are identical...I wil probably buy the 360 version just for coding sake.......Square has a bad reputation for having coding problems in their games (look at any Final Fantasy or Squaresoft game or SquareEnix game) so there will most likely be higher accurances of that in the Ps3 transition but....if ps3 has exclusives like they did with Ninja Gaiden.. I will get the Ps3 version..... I guess time will tell "
    Wow, are you seriously calling anyone a Fanboy right now? You're looking pretty hardcore as a Fanboy yourself here.  As far as you knowing what what process the developers are using to create the game; I'd say you probably have no idea. Unless for some reason you are involved with their proprietary "Crystal Tools". It's all a shot in the dark unless you are working on the game, especially with all the methods and software that exist at this point. As for no true version; you can absolutely develop software specifically for intended hardware.   

Square is building FFXIII on its cross-platform Crystal Tools engine

Caution! FANBOY material: As far as PS3 requiring more effort when it comes to software; I'm sure it's pretty damn easy to code 8-bit but I damn sure don't want to play it. With every new, advanced and improved system design we will require different, more extensive levels of direction for the software to utilize the new capabilities and intricacies of the hardware. Everyone knows NES games are way easier to code so why even bother with your beloved Xbox 360? 
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Nice bump, broseph.

itsmattadams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By itsmattadams
    @OllyOxenFree: I see what you did there! You combined bro and Joseph. Haha
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#83  Edited By OllyOxenFree

You see well, my son.

Turien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Turien

For those of you who are really into achievements there is a hack out there to give you as many achievment points as you want.. unfortunatly achievment points are kinda useless. I never played a game and tried to get 1 achievment point so I guess I could care less.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.