Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

I totally bombed... (chapter 11 boss, NO story spoilers)

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ZenaxPure

So early this morning I fought Dahaka, which is probably one of the biggest hitting bosses so far into the game. The time for the fight was something like 8 and a half minutes and the attempt I got it was roughly 18 minutes. This (obviously) resulted in 0/5 stars, and honestly I was a bit saddened by it. I can't even see how 8 minutes was possible, he had far to many attacks that would completely one shot Lightning and Hope (who both have around 2400 hp currently) if Snow wasn't there to absorb them as a Sen. Just to survive the massive frost and fire attacks he did I had to equip the gear to reduce elemental damage. The biggest problem I had is whenever I attempted to go on a full assault (rav/com/rav in most cases) He would use something that completely destroyed either Hope or Lightning, so the attempt I got it I spent most unstaggered time as Com/Sen/Rav only changing to buff or heal when needed. 

Those of you that have beat this fight how did you do and what did you do? This is the first boss I haven't been able to get a high rating on and so I am curious. Also I should note while I didn't grind any in Gran Pulse I don't feel my characters are under-leveled. Lightning is max com mostly max rav, Snow is max Sen, mostly max Com, and Hope is mostly max Med/Rav/Syn.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Huey2k2
    @Zenaxzd: 

I don't know how much help I can be as I am only in chapter 7 but I will say this...

The way FF13 is designed, leveling isn't anywhere near as important as it is in most JRPG's. Grinding isn't really necessary as long as you use sound strategy. If you are losing against a specific boss you need to find ways to change your strategy against them. I personally find the best strategy against bosses is to buff up immediately and then stagger them as soon as humanly possible. Are you using Sab debuffs on it? Are you using a Syn to buff yourself?

I have found that anytime I have a problem staggering an enemy or a boss its because I need to throw some Sab debuffs on it first... As I said I am only on chapter 7 and you might already know all this, hope you have some more luck next time you fight it :)
    tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By tomte

dude, you are overleveled i think, i was low 2000 in health on the final boss.

Cant remember this fight, but is it the guy with lots of faces?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

I'm not that far yet, but I'm feeling your pain.  More than once, I've felt the need to play ultra-conservative against a boss in order to survive.  In boss battles where I've only had two party members, most of my time was spent with one character as a healer and the other as a damage dealer, which made an already long battle extra grueling.  I'm looking forward to the point that I'll be able to have three character parties on a regular basis.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tomte
    @Hailinel:  Most bosses have a weakness, use Libra and that should fix it. I dont remember having any really long fights early in the game
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZenaxPure
    First of all I should reinforce: I did beat the boss, I just didn't get a 5 star rating on it. 

@Huey2k2:
     I know and agree fully, however with this boss I couldn't nail down a solid strat for getting 5 stars. For this particular boss I believe the only debuff that can be applied is slow, but otherwise yes I was buffing most of everything else (no faith/bravery though because of Hope, which I will admit is a huge problem but hasn't stopped me from getting high ratings in past battles). 

@tomte: I can't believe I am overleved, that sounds crazy. I have only done 2 missions in gran pulse that weren't mandatory. Though I will admit that I have went out of my way to fight almost every enemy in most areas (not gran pulse mind you). Also no, this fight is MUCH later in the game. The fight you are referring too I got on my second try and had no trouble 5 staring. Killed him in like 2 minutes IIRC.
    tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tomte
    @Zenaxzd said:

@tomte: I can't believe I am overleved, that sounds crazy. I have only done 2 missions in gran pulse that weren't mandatory. Though I will admit that I have went out of my way to fight almost every enemy in most areas (not gran pulse mind you). Also no, this fight is MUCH later in the game. The fight you are referring too I got on my second try and had no trouble 5 staring. Killed him in like 2 minutes IIRC. "
    hmm,  looked around abit. and is it the flying thing in the tower? who loses tails
    if its just using the smoke thingie that boosts speed, attack, magic. It makes all boss fights alot easier.

I really should replay this game...
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @tomte: Yep, the flying thing that loses tails is indeed the boss I am referring to.
    tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tomte
    @Zenaxzd said:
    " @tomte: Yep, the flying thing that loses tails is indeed the boss I am referring to. "
    okey, dont have any save there so dont know how i took him out.
    also just started the game up and sees that it was right before this boss i power lvld, ALOT... so my hp on lightning is 4900 in the beginning of chapter 12
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Turambar

Man, I'm incredibly over leveled then.  I've been running around doing all the cieth stone missions I could and by the time I was at Dahaka, my hp for Lightning was well over 3k.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mwng

The biggest attack is fire based right? I think I had my syn buff against that, then used a com/rav/med combo to bring him to stagger, followed by com/rav/rav when he became staggered. 

Think I staggered him twice, took me around 5 mins, I had 2-2.5k hp. I also popped a summon at the end after the fire buff ran out and my med bit the dust.

(I upgraded my coms weapon quite a lot, so was able to deal a fair amount of damage during staggers, I could well be wrong though, don't remember the paticulars)

Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shinri
    @tomte said:
    "dude, you are overleveled i think, i was low 2000 in health on the final boss.  Cant remember this fight, but is it the guy with lots of faces? "

You mustn't have done any of the optional stuff, then?
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Vorbis

If you have done all the D missions and most of the C missions that boss was abit of a joke, was kind of saddened by it. Didn't even get to try out vanilles new eidolon. 

My main party were all at 4000hp so I guess i'm way overleveled now...

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tomte
    @Shinri said:
    " @tomte said:
    "dude, you are overleveled i think, i was low 2000 in health on the final boss.  Cant remember this fight, but is it the guy with lots of faces? "
    You mustn't have done any of the optional stuff, then? "
    @tomte said:
    " @Zenaxzd said:
    " @tomte: Yep, the flying thing that loses tails is indeed the boss I am referring to. "
    okey, dont have any save there so dont know how i took him out. also just started the game up and sees that it was right before this boss i power lvld, ALOT... so my hp on lightning is 4900 in the beginning of chapter 12 "

My bad :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.