Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Preemptive strikes are impossible

Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Blitzer

Am I the only one finding it hard to get  preemptive strikes?

Some enemies its pretty easy. Usually where there is only a single foe.
    But when there are 2 or more, I can try over and over and they keep sensing me.

Is it possible to buy the items that make you undetectable later on or something?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZenaxPure

Impossible? No. Hard? For sure. 

I believe it has been mentioned elsewhere later in the game you can buy these items from the vendor. 

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3  Edited By Symphony

Yeah you can purchase the the deception shrouds or whatever they're called, but they're seldom worth the cost -- 30,000gil each. You find plenty during your adventures though; you might even have some already -- hit L1 in the overworld to pull up a little submenu of shrouds you can use during your next fight.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

Something that I find helps is if you walk slowly, or sneak. Just tilt the LS slowly and your character will walk like they're sneaking and sometimes they won't see you. But Deceptisol is the best, and as Symphony said you might already have some, just hit LB and it'll be there in a menu.

valleyshrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By valleyshrew

You should never use deceptisol in the first 10 chapters, you never really need it. Save it for the later chapters, you should have plenty of it then. There are tricks to getting pre-emptives, it's usually worth spending 30 seconds to get them as it can cut 80% of your battle time with some enemies. Most enemies you can lure from their position, then they will run back to it. You can get them as soon as they turn around, or you can even make them get stuck like this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.