Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Question about weapon bonuses

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I'm trying to figure out what to do with Vanille. When you upgrade her Healing Staff, does it also improve it's Improved Cure, because I'm at Lv. 9 and it's only 24 STR 24 MAG. It's really shitty. I'm just wondering if the enhanced cure is worth it.

Signpost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Signpost

I was wondering the same thing about the Improved Debilitation on a weapon for Fang.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Addfwyn

when you upgrade to the next tier, it'll become Improved <attribute> II and become notably more effective. 

Signpost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Signpost
    @Addfwyn: So if you go up a level and it still just says Improved <attribute> like it did before it didn't increase?
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Addfwyn

From my experiences, no, if it does it's really minor, I haven't done a massive statistical test. 

That said, the upgrade between tiers is pretty noticeable right away.  My Vanille uses the debuff rod and her stuff sticks pretty frequently (only at tier 2 right now).  

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xyzygy
    @Addfwyn: What tiers are you talking about? Do you mean the levels?
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Addfwyn
    @xyzygy:  
    when you upgrade blazefire saber to level 26 and use a mineral (i forget the name) it becomes a level 11 Flamberge.  The Flamberge is a 'tier 2' Blazefire Saber.  The only way to get it is upgrading your blazefire. 

Likewise, upgrading a Belladonna Wand (vanille's improved debuff wand) to level 21 and then using a mineral will change it into a level 15 marlbolo wand with improved debuffing 2. 

When the name and appearance actually changes, I consider that the next tier.  Every weapon has 3 tiers, which means every character has 24 possible weapons (though every tier 3 weapon for the character has the same name/appearance)
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy
    @Addfwyn said:
    " @xyzygy:  when you upgrade blazefire saber to level 26 and use a mineral (i forget the name) it becomes a level 11 Flamberge.  The Flamberge is a 'tier 2' Blazefire Saber.  The only way to get it is upgrading your blazefire.  Likewise, upgrading a Belladonna Wand (vanille's improved debuff wand) to level 21 and then using a mineral will change it into a level 15 marlbolo wand with improved debuffing 2.  When the name and appearance actually changes, I consider that the next tier.  Every weapon has 3 tiers, which means every character has 24 possible weapons (though every tier 3 weapon for the character has the same name/appearance) "
    Ohhh I get what you're saying. Wow, that's really cool. I obviously haven't even upgraded a weapon like that yet, my highest is Snow's Feymark which has a star. How do I go about improving it? Do only certain minerals go with certain weapons, or do certain minerals make better weapons? I have 4 different types I think. Millerite, Cobaltite, Urananite, and Rhodochrosite. 
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Addfwyn

Certain minerals go with certain weapons, there's only one mineral that will work, and it'll be the only option you have (so you can't accidentally use the wrong mineral and waste it) 
     Feymark uses the um, urananite one I think?  If you try upgrading and the mineral is selectable, then it is the correct mineral.  It'll actually get a bit weaker in str/magic usually though it can be upgraded much higher than the previous tier (and eventually be much stronger than the tier 1)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xyzygy

Thanks, that really helped. Snow is going to be such a beast Ravager!!

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Addfwyn

Interesting choice, my Snow is mostly focused on Sentinel (using Umbra and sometimes Paladin).  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.