Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

So , is this the final act of SE on pc ?

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VioleGrace

Greetings ..

I , like many others , was surprised when i heard that SE decided to release XIII saga on pc , i was very hyped , and ( IMO ) it didn't disappoint , applying the fixes around the internet , unlocking 1080p , the game looks beautiful .

But with all that said , will it get good sales ? the only reason i see SE to have released XIII at a time like this for PC , and making a hurried-up port , is to check out how a FF game will do on PC market these days , i see that there is absolutely no other reason why they did this , this is just DS1 all over again , their first DS game on PC was a complete garbage , but still sold very well , hence them releasing ds2 for pc without second thought ... so will this happen with SE and PC as well ?

If it does , then we can all say welcome to FF XV on PC ! , as well as lots of JRPG's which will follow the same route .

PC gaming is growing out more than ever and all kind of developers can't ignore it anymore !

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There no reason for them to not port to the PC at this point. The PS4 and XBO both have architectures so similar to modern PCs that to not port the game is to throw away money.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

SA? I don't think Something Awful has any thing to do with this game.

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantlizardking: That's true , i also thought of that at first , but then again ,FF XIII was only released on x360/ps3 , but they still did port it on PC , so i see another reason behind it , because if that's the case , then why didn't they port the earlier FF games like X-2 .

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Sorry i meant SE :P it has been a long day xD

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd like to have them release Final Fantasy XII on PC. I missed this one when it was on PS2 and it seemed like one of the more interesting games in the series.

All of the technical problems with FFXIII has prevented me from picking it up. It's Dark Souls all over again, and it really makes Japanese developers look bad.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the past is any indicator, SE is willing to port anything to every possible platform. SquareEnix has a vast library of titles they would love to remake/port/exploit the shit out of to turn a quick buck. I would be surprised if you couldn't eventually get most of the Final Fantasy games on PC. As it stands, you aren't missing much. Right now I know you can get 3,4,7,8,11,13,and 14 and soon enough the rest of the 13 trilogy will be there as well. I may even be missing a few there.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RobertOrri

Square-Enix spent mountains of money on creating the various FFXIII titles so it's understandable that they would want to bring them to as many platforms as possible. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions didn't exactly help them break even... also, expect PS4/XB1 collections in the future.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Corevi

If the past is any indicator, SE is willing to port anything to every possible platform. SquareEnix has a vast library of titles they would love to remake/port/exploit the shit out of to turn a quick buck. I would be surprised if you couldn't eventually get most of the Final Fantasy games on PC. As it stands, you aren't missing much. Right now I know you can get 3,4,7,8,11,13,and 14 and soon enough the rest of the 13 trilogy will be there as well. I may even be missing a few there.

With emulators factored in you can get every single FF game on PC.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the version of FFXIII released on PC is any indicator of the quality of the subsequent ports, then I will not be buying any of them.

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VioleGrace

@ulquiokani: You shouldn't worry about it , the game runs at 60 Fps in 1080p , all of that + SweetFx will turn it out to look so pretty compared to the console version

Loading Video...

This video doesn't show much but you can still notice the improvement .

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you're overthinking this a bit. Square Enix continues to port to wherever there's profit potential. They're not testing the waters, they want the money now. And there's good money to be made in the PC space. You know what the most profitable installment of Final Fantasy is? It's not FFVII, it's FFXI Online.

And I would love if every installment of FF was on Steam in some form. The international "Zodiac Job System" version of Final Fantasy XII at 1080P would get another 100 hours out of me.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@violegrace: I can't get mine to run at a constant 60 fps no matter what I try. Even the footage you show here is pretty choppy.

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ulquiokani: did you try applying the fixes ? the game is capped on 30 fps on release , the fix unlocks that cap , however , even with all the fixes , the game can still be called a "bad port" for the lack of graphic options , that much i can understand :) .

@galacticpunt: If they just want money , it will be wonderful if they would release every other FF in PC from now on , will make me forget about buying a console again , same things with games like the Tales series .

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@violegrace: The game isn't locked at 30, some people have it capped for some reason, mine wasn't. The game is 60fps for the most part outside of combat but once combat starts, it fluctuates like crazy. So far none of the fixes help and it's affecting more than just me. The steam forum is full of complaints.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The way SquareEnix has dealt with the lack of anything in the PC port makes me almost want this to be their last act on PC (of course I realize that I'm talking about people's livelihood; I don't want those people to lose their jobs). SE doesn't seem to give a fuck. No response whatsoever and not a single patch has been released--and I don't expect them to alter that course.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By UlquioKani

@rvone: They put up what they are going to do on their first update actually. The first things they are going to patch are the esc button thing and some misplaced button assignments in the Asian version. Apparently they are working on more updates but haven't specified if they are going to fix the resolution and performance problems. I have to give them credit for patching something but these weren't the primary concerns.

Update Link

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By RVonE

@rvone: They put up what they are going to do on their first update actually. The first things they are going to patch are the esc button thing and some misplaced button assignments in the Asian version. Apparently they are working on more updates but haven't specified if they are going to fix the resolution and performance problems. I have to give them credit for patching something but these weren't the primary concerns.

News to me. They're going to fix the escape button? I thought the escape function was amazing; I'll be pretty bummed out to see that go.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#19  Edited By nophilip

Hopefully XIII sells well on PC. There's nothing I'd like more on the HD Remaster/PC port front than an HD remaster of FFXII on the PC.

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nophilip: That's what i really want , compared to other shitty ports , this one is alright , i mean , the game is playable and runs way better than the x360 version , and hopefully more patches will be released soon which will make it even better .

OttoRostock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It delivers.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By crithon

well, they did promise FF13-2 and Lighting Returns, the texture work in those games are far better on last gen consoles(you can still spot the PS2 texture work in 13). Well, I do say Edios is a big influence on these choises. Not exactly pressure but more encouraging them to "try it" on games that are almost 4 years old.

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VioleGrace

@crithon: Yep , even thought i played them all on the x360 , from what i have seen from the pc version of XIII , I can't wait for XIII-2 and lightning returns , specially XIII-2 , the monster crystal system was so addictive !! .

I'm really hoping that J-rpgs would breakthrough their limitation of consoles and be released on PC , but for that to happen , people need to support that idea .

Edit : running on 4k !! :

Loading Video...
    No Caption Provided

Even though we can notice some frames drop from 60 to 40ish , i can't help but be amazed by the improvements , specially in cutsenses , they look so good that you might think they're pre-rendered !

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.