Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING! IMPORT NOW!

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Even if it is that good, which I honestly doubt..
    I'd rather wait and play through it in a language I understand.

I can't believe the amount of people who import it and play through a game in Japanese, having all the plot twists and big events spoiled, only to buy it again once it's released in English.  Seems like a massive waste of time and money.  (I'm just ranting, not pointing fingers at anyone).

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Evilsbane

@AniMoney said:

" @KaosAngel said:

1.  Lightening is HAWT  4.  Graphics are good, had dreams about Lighting...it was that realistic. 5.  Music is good, kind of music I have have sex with in the background. 
     I hope you play with clothes on. Also how do you have sex with music? "
    you just gotta.... *deep inhale* ride the..soundswaves...man...
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By PufferFiz

I read the spoilers of this game. Sounds like shit. Not going to bother.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By tomte
    @CL60 said:
    " Also, is it true that if the person you have set as your party leader dies, it's game over regardless if your other party members are still alive? "
    yes, its true. 

And for those who don't understand japanese at all, i wouldn't recommend you to buy this game yet, but well, it's AWESOME and all of you should pre-order asap.

@KaosAngel said:
    " My girlfriend from Japan shipped my copy and I got it, and it's fucking AMAZING!  IMPORT THIS GAME!  IT LOOKS SO FUCKING GOOD!  LOOKS BETTER THAN UNCHARTED 2!    THIS IS MY RPG OF THE YEAR!  FUCK DRAGON AGE!    IMPORT THIS GAME!  OMG!    I LOVE YOU MB AND HAMZ, IM SO HAPPY!  THIS GAME MAKES ME SO HAPPY!  IMPORT THIS!  IMPORT THIS!  >.<  -GOES BACK TO IT- "

wow, quick delivery then. Where did she buy it? and when did she get it?
    Matte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Matte
    @AniMoney said:
    " @KaosAngel said:

1.  Lightening is HAWT  4.  Graphics are good, had dreams about Lighting...it was that realistic. 5.  Music is good, kind of music I have have sex with in the background. 
    I hope you play with clothes on. Also how do you have sex with music? "
    in the background dude
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By KaosAngel
    @tomte said:
    wow, quick delivery then. Where did she buy it? and when did she get it? "
    Uh, for people who keep up with me and the work I do in Japan, it shouldn't be to hard to guess how and where.  I also got the shipping confirmation from her last week.  I fully paid for it with my Japanese bank account so it was no troubles, and I paid a little extra.  -wink-
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Stang

Some of you actually take this guys threads seriously? Like most people with an iq of at least 25, I will wait until this is released in a language that I can understand.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
    deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essaregee said:
    " Yes, this game is amazing, no, it's not something that you have to... "
    TYPE IN ALL CAPS LOCK TO GET A POINT ACROSS?
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#59  Edited By Icemael
    @KaosAngel said:
    "1.  Lightening is HAWT 2.  Summoning Odin is AMAZING 3.  Story seems kinda shitty at start but it builds up. 4.  Graphics are good, had dreams about Lighting...it was that realistic. 5.  Music is good, kind of music I have have sex with in the background. 5.  SUMMONING ODIN! "
    So basically, what you're trying to say is that i need to IMPORT NOW because the game looks good? How about... no.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jimbo
    @lilarchie232 said:
    " @essaregee said:
    " Yes, this game is amazing, no, it's not something that you have to... "
    TYPE IN ALL CAPS LOCK TO GET A POINT ACROSS? "
    It's ok because it's ironic, or something. *shrug*
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ravensword

I wont for the same reason I dont Import Anime. I perfer not to read my games.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#62  Edited By Meowayne

So what is your argument other than "the graphics are good"?

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#63  Edited By bed
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " No "
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Milkman

I can wait, thanks.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By Milkman
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " Also, is it true that if the person you have set as your party leader dies, it's game over regardless if your other party members are still alive? "
    Haven't gotten a Game Over yet, so I wouldn't know and I kinda skipped past more tutorials cause my 日本語の漢字 isn't all that good.  :(  Just import this game! "
    I'm not going to import it if I can't understand whats going on...I would rather just wait until March. "
    Just use a guide to help you out.  I heard the NA/EU theme song and it's some stupid R&B song, I heard that won't be in the JP version.  NO WAY I'm playing a FF with R&B and crappy VA "
    Why would I use a guide when I can just wait a few months and understand the game in my own language?  What kind of stupid, wacked out, bullshit logic are you using?
    Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Butchio

calm down

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By clubsandwich

HOLY BALLS I'M TYPING ALL IN CAPS LOCK TO GET A POINT ACROSS FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

No Caption Provided
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By Whisperkill

This topic is obnoxious
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Fallen189
    @Stang said:

" Some of you actually take this guys threads seriously? Like most people with an iq of at least 25, I will wait until this is released in a language that I can understand. "

Something we can agree on friend.

Also, I'd flag this because all caps titles are meant to be an instant lock, but I'm out
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TheMustacheHero

You get worse and worse with each day, it's like you have some sort of disease that turns you into a stupid 12 year old.

/asshole

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @CL60 said:
    Haven't gotten a Game Over yet, so I wouldn't know and I kinda skipped past more tutorials cause my 日本語の漢字 isn't all that good.  :(  Just import this game! "
    I'm not going to import it if I can't understand whats going on...I would rather just wait until March. "
    Just use a guide to help you out.  I heard the NA/EU theme song and it's some stupid R&B song, I heard that won't be in the JP version.  NO WAY I'm playing a FF with R&B and crappy VA "
    It's Leona Lewis.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By Black_Rose

My Japanese knowledge and interest for this game are both very low. I'll pass. 

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Milkman said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @CL60 said:
    Why would I use a guide when I can just wait a few months and understand the game in my own language?  What kind of stupid, wacked out, bullshit logic are you using? "
    When I imported Final Fantasy XII, I was only 16 or 17, and I got through the game just fine with a guide.  Go figure a few months after I got FF12, I went to Japan for school and work and learned how to play through the International Version of 12 then.  Playing with a guide isn't all that bad.  Trust me.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KaosAngel
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " ........  You get worse and worse with each day, it's like you have some sort of disease that turns you into a stupid 12 year old.  /asshole "
    Yo guy, this is the biggest game of 2009 in Japan with Dragon Quest IX.  Not going to lie, I've been waiting for this for close to six years.  This is well worth the wait.  I love this game so much and I just can't play it with the English VA and theme song I heard it will have. 

Your loss for not willing to drill through a game that isn't too hard to understand.  As I said earlier, I beat FF12 with a guide and I was just 16 and had no Japanese skills at that time.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " ........  You get worse and worse with each day, it's like you have some sort of disease that turns you into a stupid 12 year old.  /asshole "
    Yo guy, this is the biggest game of 2009 in Japan with Dragon Quest IX.  Not going to lie, I've been waiting for this for close to six years.  This is well worth the wait.  I love this game so much and I just can't play it with the English VA and theme song I heard it will have.   Your loss for not willing to drill through a game that isn't too hard to understand.  As I said earlier, I beat FF12 with a guide and I was just 16 and had no Japanese skills at that time. "
    I realize it's a big game, but you don't have to make a thread and type it in all caps and say you love the mods to try and persuade them not to lock this thread. You could have made this a blog post about how you imported a copy and are really enjoying it. It will make you look less stupid so we may take your threads and posts a little more seriously. Right now I pretty much think you're a creepy pedophile troll.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By KaosAngel
    @TheMustacheHero said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" @TheMustacheHero said:
    Yo guy, this is the biggest game of 2009 in Japan with Dragon Quest IX.  Not going to lie, I've been waiting for this for close to six years.  This is well worth the wait.  I love this game so much and I just can't play it with the English VA and theme song I heard it will have.   Your loss for not willing to drill through a game that isn't too hard to understand.  As I said earlier, I beat FF12 with a guide and I was just 16 and had no Japanese skills at that time. "
    I realize it's a big game, but you don't have to make a thread and type it in all caps and say you love the mods to try and persuade them not to lock this thread. You could have made this a blog post about how you imported a copy and are really enjoying it. It will make you look less stupid so we may take your threads and posts a little more seriously. Right now I pretty much think you're a creepy pedophile troll. "
    ...and I honestly couldn't careless how you feel because this game is just that good.  I'm on cloud 9 playing it.  Totally worth the import and I'm praying this outsells that shitty Dragon Quest IX game.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Stang
    @KaosAngel: It is "couldn't care less," does anybody on the forums today understand the English language?!
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By jmrwacko

OH MY GOD US RELEASE IS THIS YEAR AND PS3 VERSION WILL HAVE JAPANESE LANGUAGE OPTION, AHHH CAPS

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Stang: Fix'd :P
    PanzerPev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By PanzerPev
    @CL60 said:

" A modified version of the sphere grid is back right? "

Holy CRAP dude turn off your capslock.  You don't need to be screaming everything.   Oops, looks like everyone has already called you on it.  I was just annoyed enough to add this again.  Sheesh
    Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By The_Philosopher
    @KaosAngel: 
    Why don't you actually talk about what makes it so great instead of ranting on and on like some twilight fan girl?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Stang
    @KaosAngel: Haha, sorry for being a grammar nazi. We just had a small converstation about "I couldn't care less" in the SFIV forum minutes ago, it was fresh on my mind :p
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CowMuffins
    @KaosAngel: Is it caps-lock good?
    moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#84  Edited By moelarrycurly

I needs me some English.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By KaosAngel
    @The_Philosopher said:
    " @KaosAngel:  Why don't you actually talk about what makes it so great instead of ranting on and on like some twilight fan girl? "
    Honestly, 

1.  Graphics and Music are worth the price.  Square put a lot of work into this and this includes the VA.
    2.  YES, the intro is really shitty...and even more so if you bought FF7AC like me, BUT it builds up fairly quickly after that.
    3.  Lightning is the new Cloud, no pun intending.  She's a powerful female character that can easily rival Terra.
    4.  Summoning in this game is a revamped version of FF12, and in a GOOD way.  There's combos and other shit, and some overdrives.
    5.  Battle System is SMOOTH!  It's fast paced and used the classic ATB, think about this...the last time a REAL Final Fantasy used ATB was in FF9!  
    6.  "Spear Grid" is back but much better.  It gives you far more control over the situation of each characters.
    7.  The game is hard...but mostly due to the speed of the battle system.  If you like slower paced battles, STAY AWAY!
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Dark_Jon

What's Final Fantasy? Is that liek Halo?

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By zombie2011
    @Dark_Jon said:
    " What's Final Fantasy? Is that liek Halo? "
    This. 

And when does the Master Chief join your party?
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#88  Edited By Skald
    @FlamingHobo said: 

@KaosAngel:  I can't stand JRPGs, especially Final Fantasy. I think I'll pass on this one. Oh, by the way... I believe you just said, "Fuck Dragon Age"? Is there something quite wrong with you? "

I agree with both of your points. 
    Japanese games have a bit of a weird feel to them... maybe its the androgyny and purple hair.
    And insulting Dragon Age was a big mistake. I should kick you in the neck. Over the internet. Twice.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By KaosAngel
    @extremeradical: Hey, I beat DAO, and think it's fantastic.  if FF13 didn't come out this year, I'd totally vote for that...but FF13 DID come out this year.  So the game has changed.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jkz

This thread is fantastic.

And yet, after reading it, I actually am less inclined to buy FF13 when it comes out here in the U.S.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Skald
    @KaosAngel: Well, I don't think you're here to shit on Dragon Age, but c'mon, man. Saying fuck any game is just disruptive, especially when that game happens to be (one of) the best RPG(s) released this year.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By KaosAngel
    @extremeradical: Alright, I take back the fuck and honestly do think DAO deserves a lot of credit.  I beat DAO twice and got two very different emotions and love Bioware for it.  But still, this is the first new Final Fantasy game in six years...and it's so close to feeling with FF6-FF8.
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93  Edited By vaiz

This is the kind of shit that has deterred me from playing a Final Fantasy game in the last ten years.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Skald
    @KaosAngel: Well, I liked FF6 but hated FF7. 
    I'm intrigued, but not all together sold. Looks nice, though.
    delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#95  Edited By delta_ass

YOU'RE TERRIBLE AND YOU SHOULD FEEL TERRIBLE

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By KaosAngel
    @extremeradical said:
    " @KaosAngel: Well, I liked FF6 but hated FF7. I'm intrigued, but not all together sold. Looks nice, though. "
    Not going to lie, Lightning isn't that bad of a protagonist...and deserves to be ranked up there with Terra (as of now >.>).
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ghostiet
    @dbz1995 said:

" Really? Is it that good? "

No, it's just KaosAngel off his meds.

Or on? We can't quite tell the difference.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#98  Edited By Vinchenzo
    @KaosAngel: Pics of Japanese girlfriend please. Thanks.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By xyzygy

Dude why tell us to get this game when we won't be able to understand bat shit. I think probably 90% of the population on GB (Maybe even higher) doesn't know enough of the Japanese language to make sense of any of this game right now. 

I'll wait for my 360 version >.<

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By RsistncE

Final Fantasy is meh. So no, I won't get it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.