Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

Are people still playing this?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

Hi friends,

I'm looking to get back into this game, as when I played it about a year ago, I really enjoyed it. I've played up until about level 30 on a lancer, and now I'm looking at getting back into it as maybe some sort of healer character. I just want to know if any GB guys are still into this game? It'd be nice to get into the FC and have a sort of active community to chat with.

I know that I'd have to switch my realm thing to Ultros as an EU guy, but I read someone saying that both NA and EU servers are based in Canada anyway, so I've heard the ping issue isn't too much.

Would love to hear some feedback from you guys. Many thanks in advance

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Yep, there's a group of 20-30 regulars and a whole bunch of others that still play there. Send in an application to GBomb on Ultros and you'll almost certainly get in

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, there's a group of 20-30 regulars and a whole bunch of others that still play there. Send in an application to GBomb on Ultros and you'll almost certainly get in

Is now a good time to get into the game? I've played it before, and got to about level 30 with a lancer, but the class kinda got boring and I didn't fancy playing it anymore.

I've thought about getting back into the game as some sort of healer class so I can be useful in groups and have shorter queue times. What's the best healer class to start with, and is the game still worth me playing? I've got a bit of free time on my hands, so I'm looking for a game to dedicate myself to a little.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I still play occasionally, I just procrastinate way too much. I had to change my password last night after finding out my account was temporarily disabled due to suspicious activity. Turns out all my stuff was still there, so woooo!

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Well we're about two months away from an expansion, that gives you plenty of time to get a character to 50 and clear the story if you're interested

As for healers, Conjurer (White Mage) generally puts out the biggest heals and is simpler to use, while Arcanist (Scholar) gets some neat tricks - like a healing pet - and rarely worries about running out of MP.

I dunno if I can definitively say it's still worth playing for you... 1-50 is certainly the most linear part of the whole deal, and other than the story it can be a bit boring at times. That said it's still a chance to explore the game and that can be interesting for its own sake on the way to the level cap. Once you hit that point, there's a ton of neat things to do and the experience changes dramatically (for the better in my view)

So I'd say go for it

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well we're about two months away from an expansion, that gives you plenty of time to get a character to 50 and clear the story if you're interested

As for healers, Conjurer (White Mage) generally puts out the biggest heals and is simpler to use, while Arcanist (Scholar) gets some neat tricks - like a healing pet - and rarely worries about running out of MP.

I dunno if I can definitively say it's still worth playing for you... 1-50 is certainly the most linear part of the whole deal, and other than the story it can be a bit boring at times. That said it's still a chance to explore the game and that can be interesting for its own sake on the way to the level cap. Once you hit that point, there's a ton of neat things to do and the experience changes dramatically (for the better in my view)

So I'd say go for it

Sounds pretty cool. I've been looking for an excuse to get into the game anyway, and this is enough to get into it. Is the free company guide here still good, or will it be easier to PM someone in game? I've never joined an established FC before. I hope the guild is active/friendly :D

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

RMT spam has been hellish lately so a lot of people have turned their tells off. You can follow that guide to the house, but if you start as a conjuror you won't be able to get there until level 15. However if you see anyone with the Vinco guild tag next to their name you should be able to examine them and send in an application, or if all else fails use Say, Shout, or Yell to get their attention.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I still play daily.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got back into yesterday and yeah a lot of people are playing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.