Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

Unable to sign up for the Unlimited Free Trial

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For some reason whenever I try to use my Square-Enix account it says I can't use an account that has already been registered with Final Fantasy XIV. I've never played Realm Reborn but I played the version that came before that got cancelled. I logged into my SE account on their website and my account was already wiped and all the games I had registered were gone so this makes absolutely no sense.

I guess this is a sign to not play MMOs again...

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The account management side of things is easily the worst part of FFXIV. I took part in the Beta way way back, never played the release, but that somehow prevented me from making an account for the old free to play system.

You can try contacting support, but in my experience they'll do nothing for you. I ended up creating another email address and SE account.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Try logging into the mogstation:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation

This is where the actual account stuff for XIV is. If you played the original XIV, then you own A Realm Reborn as well, so you won't be able to register for the free trial since you do own the game.

If you do own the game the mogstation should list which version you own and what license you have.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the link. Apparently I own FFXIV ARR because I bought the beta :( I assumed these were two different products since they re-released it under a new name. Oh well, guess I won't be playing then.

Try logging into the mogstation:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation

This is where the actual account stuff for XIV is. If you played the original XIV, then you own A Realm Reborn as well, so you won't be able to register for the free trial since you do own the game.

If you do own the game the mogstation should list which version you own and what license you have.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.