FFXIV's next patch is soon, which means the first leg of a three-part NieR Automata alliance raid will be releasing. Last night’s Letter from the Producer Live teased the raid in addition to other features being added in the patch. These include:
- New main story quests
- A new trust-compatible level 80 dungeon: The Grand Cosmos
- A new 8-man Ultimate-level raid, whose identity is being kept a secret until launch.
- A new trial, which is most likely an extreme version of the final boss in Shadowbringers.
- Blue Mage’s functionality is being expanded and the level cap is being raised.
- PVP seeing significant adjustments
- New Game Plus is being added, which allows players to relive fights in the Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers storylines. As A Realm Reborn is currently being reworked entirely for new players, it’s not being included in the New Game Plus right now. It will likely be added in patch 5.3 next year.
- Crafting and gathering is being revamped, adding automation and accessibility to their more convoluted systems. The restoration of Ishgard is also being added as large-scale endgame content for both crafters and gatherers as well.
- The performance action is getting an ensemble function which makes performances easier when in a party. A new horn is being added for play as well.
- New poses will be added to the /gpose feature, which is a supplement to FFXIV’s existing photo mode.
- Fellowships are being added, which allow up to 1000 players to better organize via an in-game message board. This acts as a supplement to existing Free companies, linkshells, and the party finder. It will only be limited by data centers.
They also released a small tease of the music that will feature in the NieR Alliance Raid: