Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 28, 2019

Shadowbringers is the third expansion to Final Fantasy XIV.

Patch 5.1: Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty - Releasing Late October 2019

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

No Caption Provided

FFXIV's next patch is soon, which means the first leg of a three-part NieR Automata alliance raid will be releasing. Last night’s Letter from the Producer Live teased the raid in addition to other features being added in the patch. These include:

• New main story quests
    • A new trust-compatible level 80 dungeon: The Grand Cosmos
    • A new 8-man Ultimate-level raid, whose identity is being kept a secret until launch.
    • A new trial, which is most likely an extreme version of the final boss in Shadowbringers.
    • Blue Mage’s functionality is being expanded and the level cap is being raised.
    • PVP seeing significant adjustments
    • New Game Plus is being added, which allows players to relive fights in the Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers storylines. As A Realm Reborn is currently being reworked entirely for new players, it’s not being included in the New Game Plus right now. It will likely be added in patch 5.3 next year.
    • Crafting and gathering is being revamped, adding automation and accessibility to their more convoluted systems. The restoration of Ishgard is also being added as large-scale endgame content for both crafters and gatherers as well.
    • The performance action is getting an ensemble function which makes performances easier when in a party. A new horn is being added for play as well.
    • New poses will be added to the /gpose feature, which is a supplement to FFXIV’s existing photo mode.
    • Fellowships are being added, which allow up to 1000 players to better organize via an in-game message board. This acts as a supplement to existing Free companies, linkshells, and the party finder. It will only be limited by data centers.

They also released a small tease of the music that will feature in the NieR Alliance Raid:

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The music is incredible already. The background notes where you hear a hint of Weight of the World. I can't wait to hear more of it. To think we have 3 whole alliance raids of this to come.

I am not unreasonably excited for this, my two favourite games of all time being smooshed together. From the sounds of it the gameplay will be very inventive and probably quite unusual for XIV. If there isn't a fake-out death ending somewhere in there I will be surprised.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That music track alone makes me want to play FF14.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the trailer for the Nier raid patch, which releases on the 29th of October

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.