Previous Free Company Threads
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (5.0)
- Shadowbringers will likely be the culminating point for the war against the Garlean Empire. The founder of the Garlean empire and Zenos yae Galvus's grandfather Solus has recently been revealed as an Ascian and looks to further their agenda. He will likely serve as one of if not the primary antagonist for Shadowbringers.
- We will be travelling to another (dimension/universe/time?), which was mentioned in patch 3.4 as a world being flooded with light. While there is night in the technical sense, there is no darkness in this realm and the universe appears to be in its final days. Also, the weather appears to be bizarre.
- New Level Cap: 80
- The battle system will be seeing yet another revamp to keep ability bloat down and streamlining stuff like MP/TP. These will all be detailed in May 2019's Letter from the Producer Live.
- Restoration to the Holy See of Ishgard will be new endgame content for Gathers and Crafters and will last the entire expansion.
- Nine new instanced dungeons.
- There will be a Trust system added, which greatly expands the ability for players to solo content with story NPCs. This is similar to why it’s used in FFXI, but very different mechanically.
- New Game Plus system is being added to let players replay various story content.
- New Data Centers
- A World Visit system will be added just prior to Shadowbringers’s release to allow players to visit any world on their data center, further breaking down barriers between players across different servers.
- Viera is being added as a playable race. Hrothgar are also being added. Viera are female-only, Hrothgar are male-only.
- The Nu mou and Pixes will be the new beast tribes, with the new Primal being Titania.
- A new tank, DPS (
and healer?) are being added. The new tank is Gunbreaker. The new DPS is Dancer.
- The new 24-main alliance raid (e.g. The Crystal Tower, The Shadow of Mhach, Return to Ivalice) will be based in the NieR universe. This is an expansion-long collaboration, with Yoko Taro and Yosuke Saito helping with the narrative design.
- Tetsuya Nomura will be doing the character design on the new high-end raid, now known as "Eden".
- The mascot job for this expansion looks to be Dark Knight.
Will be adding more as new information comes out. There's one more Fanfest in March and a Live Letter in May.
Other Stuffs / Helpful Links
WoW Refugee Guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/wiki/wowrefugee
«VinCo» Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/ZdCCysj
FFXIV «VinCo» Twitter List: https://twitter.com/SnakeLinkSonic/lists/vinnco-free-company
FFXIV Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/
FFXIV Free Trial: https://freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com/na/
FFXIV Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv
FFXIV Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ffxiv/
FFXIV Twitter: https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN