Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

FFXV New updates and patch news chapter 13 updates and more!

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Scottjay01

This was posted by Hajime Tabata a lil while ago
    http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201612070039/

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XV was able to achieve an amazing accomplishment, shipping 5 million copies worldwide on the release day. I would like to express my gratitude for everyone that has purchased it.

Currently I have heard many players around the world enjoying themselves. Players are pleased to be enjoying this new Final Fantasy, as well as the staff, we are really happy.

We’ve promised before launching the game that Final Fantasy needed to be complete before it was released. We will continue to update and we are planning to provide a more rich gaming experience to all players around the world. As a gratitude for exceeding 5 million copies, I’ve decided to strengthen the update plan considerably beyond the original plan and inform you of a concrete road map.

These are updates to make the Final Fantasy XV gaming experience more rich, and for longer playability, updates based on requests from players after the release, and in addition to DLC development reported previously. They will be given for free for the short term, mid-term, and long-term.

Final Fantasy XV Update Roadmap

Short-term goals

First, we will update the experience of Chapter 13’s gameplay. For that reason, we are undertaking many enhancements such as increasing the power of the ring’s magic. We will inform you of the details of updated content at a later time.

Mid-term goals

Updating the production of the second half of the game, further enhancing the experience of the story. For example, we are planning to add event scenes where “What happened to Ravus?” was from. In addition to the event scenes, voice responses and localization work to all languages will occur so we will work firmly on this as a mid-term goal. Details of the plan will be announced once it’s decided.

Long-term goals

We will make it possible to use important characters that appeared in the main game as playable characters. We will also consider adding an avatar system to create original characters. In addition to this, we will continue to actively update so that various players can enjoy Final Fantasy XV for a long time.

Others

After clearing the game, you can carry your progress into a New Game. Finishing it at a low level, an invincible suit, we will offer various items that extend the range of play. Fonts displayed can be enlarged for easier reading.

For the already announced DLC, it is planned to be released as originally intended.

FFXV Holiday Pack

FFXV Booster Pack

FFXV Episode Gladiolus

FFXV Episode Ignis

FFXV Episode Prompto

FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Companion

On behalf of the staff and all players around the world, we hope you will enjoy Final Fantasy XV even more. Thank you for your continued support for Final Fantasy XV and the Final Fantasy series.

FFXV Director Hajime Tabata

Saying that that's awesome I really hope they make innsomnia fully playable.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So like... should I not play Chapter 13? Without getting into spoilers, is there something seriously wrong with it?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

These all sound like weird things to patch into a retail JRPG.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scottjay01

@afabs515: I played this before official release and it just drags on in comparison to the rest of the game however I had done so much open world and side content up to that point that I didn't have much of an issue as much as some others have voiced.

Either way this could come in the holiday up date for all we know which is like a week and change away

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man am I fucking torn. I already beat the game so none of this really matters, but there's also going to be a ng+ which is really cool. I understand a lot of shit was cut out so plugging it in with a free patch is really nice of them but man, this is a tough call. Can't wait to see the dlc though since I really like the main cast.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

huh. This is strange, but also sounds super cool. Especially the stuff he has under long term goals. We'll see if any of these actually come to anything.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will hand it to them they really do seem eager to want to make this the best possible game they can make. Even if it's largely based on the fact that they want to sell more copies, it's still a little evident that they really care about the project and want to improve. Hell remember how much they changed in the duscae demo from just feedback?

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I'd already played the game, I'd be pretty annoyed by this to be honest. When I play a released game, I have the expectation that what I'm playing is the finished product. There will be some tinkering around the edges and bug-fixes, but that the story and core gameplay are what they are. And having that not be the case would be frustrating to me, since I don't have the time or inclination to go back and replay lengthy RPGs to get the experience the developer really intended..

Fortunately, I haven't played XV yet, and I won't be until its released on PC, so this doesn't affect me at all. I just find it strange.

tiffanytryhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, I'm on Ch. 8 and if they're going to fix some of the plot holes I've been hearing about later on maybe I should just wait.

It's funny that they're adding customizable avatars, considering the 8-4 podcast compared the game to White Knight Chronicles.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scottjay01: Ah I see. That doesn't seem like a dealbreaker to me so I'll probably just play it through as is (if I make it to Chapter 13 before it's patched that is. Too much open world stuff!). Thanks!

@fugoy said:

I will hand it to them they really do seem eager to want to make this the best possible game they can make. Even if it's largely based on the fact that they want to sell more copies, it's still a little evident that they really care about the project and want to improve. Hell remember how much they changed in the duscae demo from just feedback?

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. It really seems like they're putting a ton of effort into making this the best possible game they can and actively listening to their fans. When they patched Episode Duscae, I was amazed that they would take the time to patch a demo, let alone how much they added to it. They've really been putting their best foot forward with this one from what I can see, and that has me really hopeful for the future of this game. It's already a good game in its own right, but it's awesome to see they want to improve it even more.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@afabs515: Lets just say that chapter drags on for a bit too long.

I'm happy they are going to finally fill in some of the holes but I'm not sure I want to replay the whole game just to see the added content. They are adding NG+ so I may replay it, I'm not sure right now though, it really depends on when that patch launches.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy to see that they will continue to support this game post-launch.

I already beat it but I personally won't be doing a NG+ run until after all the DLC character episodes are released, so I won't get to check out these story improvements for a while.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might just watch the new story stuff on youtube, if/when it releases since I've already beaten the game.

junkiiiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I will take my time to complete. I am only on Chapter 5 because of how much side questing I am doing and I suppose that's a good thing for now.

I have heard about the dreaded Chapter 13. I'll make sure I get to that after the patch.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A non-subscription based game with no microtransactions seems like a really weird thing to try to do this kind of lengthy update cycle with, especially if it means recording extra lines and localizing all of it. I just wonder when they expect to see the money for this kind of work post-launch.

Then again, Doom is doing the same and it's probably seeing some money back, right?

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Well, guess I'll keep doing all the side stuff, and hopefully the patch will be out before I catch to the parts that the patch is supposed to fill in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.