Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

Final Fantasy XV -- Release day delivery for Prime members?! Did this change?

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I pre-ordered the game last week from Amazon Prime and was supposed to get release day delivery. Now they say it won't be delivered until Thursday 12/1 as it's not eligible for release day delivery. I have Prime and had received release-day games previously so anyone getting this from Amazon on release day? I live in St. Louis so it's not like it's a rural location.

nickseifert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last three games I've preordered from Amazon either were cancelled by them because they no longer had stock (CIV 6 deluxe edition, preordered the day it was announced), or delivered days late. Anecdotally their service has really declined over the last year.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickseifert: Yeah, I thought that was strange. I used to get them on day of release but I had this same issue when I pre-ordered Battlefield One a couple of months ago. They said today they didn't have shippers nearby to allow for release-day delivery (BS)! And they said it's not eligible! That's BS too as the order said release-day when I ordered it. I am a bit annoyed. Continual issues with my orders lately.

nickseifert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilcalvin: It's really a shame too, because there are some games I know I'm going to buy regardless of reviews and such, so it's nice to get that 20% off, but I'm impatient and hate seeing delays. It's also worrying in the case of deluxe editions, because I no longer feel secure preordering those from Amazon, and in some situations you might lose out on those items forever if they can't fulfill your order.

saispag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My FFXV Collector's Edition guide (pre-ordered the day it was announced) is coming Thursday at the earliest. Would be annoyed but I mostly collect them rather than actually using them as guides.

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered this weekend and they gave the option to pay extra for release date shipping, but didn't offer it for free. This is different from my other Prime pre-orders. I wondered about it, too, but didn't mind since I'll just play some of my backlog between now and Thursday.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_wiswell: Yeah, its not like I don't have a current backlog to play for a few days (Mafia 3, Watch Dogs 2, Skyrim Remastered)

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got mine from Amazon and funny enough, it actually arrived this fucking morning from UPS. That never happens. Usually comes from like 5-7. Crazy shit.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilcalvin: I ordered mine with Prime and it is out for delivery. Should be getting it today. However, the first week of November this year I ordered GTAV for PS4 with delivery to come by the 16th of said month.......still no sign of it, and they cannot tell me when it will ship.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seauton: Who was the seller for the GTAV? I ordered one for Xbox One through a 3rd party for $20 on Oct 28 and never got it, Amazon finally refunded the money as the seller scammed about 30 people.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

mine is out for delivery today, guess other distribution centers in the country aren't on top of things.

gelf513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had an issue with the GoW 4 ultimate edition where the day it was supposed to arrive they tell me it won't get there till even after the regular version comes out. It ended up coming the next day and I got some amazon credit but I almost missed the extra 4 days I paid for, I was worried the same would happen with FFXV but it says out for delivery right now so it looks like I'm good.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preordered it from Best Buy with Gamers Club and it had release day shipping. I got an email saying my game shipped on Friday and I thought "oh cool, I'll get it early!" This morning, I got an email saying my shipment was delayed and I won't get it until tomorrow. No credit or anything for my trouble. Annoying, but I can wait.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Luckily I didn't have any problems and got my copy early this morning. That said, as someone who orders a lot of shit from Amazon and has had this problem before, here's some advice: check. Check the moment your order is placed. Check months, weeks, or days before release. Check again. And again. Check the Sunday or Monday before release (assuming it's a Tuesday release obviously).

Make sure that shit says it'll be delivered when they first promised it'll be delivered.

I don't know wtf happened, but Amazon has been dropping the ball a lot this past year. XCX, Fire Emblem, Pokken, and a handful of other games this past year just had their delivery date changed on me out of the blue even though it said release date delivery when I ordered months or weeks in advance. I remember with Pokken I got lucky and noticed the change a few days before and was able to contact customer service and correct the error.

Obviously, you shouldn't have to fix their mistakes for them, but you're paying for prime benefits so you better damn sure Amazon gives you whats yours. So, I'll say it again, next time keep checking until the game ships. If it keeps happening, ask for compensation. They'll usually throw you a $10 gift certificate or something.

I'm usually never this serious and uppity about something as trivial as getting a video game delivered a few days late, but Amazon has been pissing me off this year. Don't even get me started on their terrible contract delivery drivers.

nickseifert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: omg no kidding about their delivery drivers! I use amazon now occasionally and my apartment complex is VERY easy to find using google maps, yet the driver last night was an hour late and had to call me three times for directions.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Got my collectors from amazon prime today. I'm at work and it's sitting at home right now.

Matvande

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Matvande

Mine arrived today. Had an issue where I forgot to change my address, and only changed it a few days ago. Was going to arrive Thursday, but I was able to change to one day delivery and it instead was able to be delivered today.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Mine shipped today and is arriving tomorrow. I'm not sure why. Kinda a bummer, but oh well.

avenlaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got mine from amazon today, I dunno why some people arn't. Are some people not Prime membership? Also maybe the delivery option when you pre ordered it was not on the correct one? Could be some peoples issue.

Brainling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Amazon is not a huge monolithic delivery system. People near distribution centers, especially near ones where Amazon has their own courier service and/or Amazon Now, are much more likely to get things on time. People who live far away from their primary distribution centers are more likely to see delays. Check what the closest Amazon primary distribution center is to you. If it's more than 100 miles, it's a crap shoot and should be treated as such. Especially on things like pre-orders where they have to strike a delicate balance between getting it shipped in time to arrive on the day of release, and not breaking street date which they'll get eviscerated for.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilcalvin: Believe it or not, the seller was Amazon, which is why I am still scratching my head. I don't want to cancel it because I'm not willing to pay any more than 30 for it, as I already have it for PS3.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I couldn't get release-date on Civ 6 but I preordered that super duper late. FFXV showed up today for me NP though, as well as the other dozen+ games I preordered from Amazon this year.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OurSin_360

If it said release date when you ordered i would call, the least you will get is an extra month of prime.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the issue is UPS. I think they use UPS for the next day delivery. They would have to "ship" on Monday to get delivered on Tuesday because UPS really won't do the 2-day shipping on Sat. They usually won't ship a Tuesday release game on the previous Friday. A few years ago UPS was the primary delivery service for Amazon and thousands of people did not get their packages before Xmas when they were supposed to arrive well before. They worked out a contract with USPS and things got better. So, with this new-ish release-day delivery USPS cannot do it and they use UPS and UPS cannot handle the "next-day"delivery when they ship on Monday. They are terrible and Amazon is also to blame. Their customer service has gotten terrible with cut-and-paste responses and very little resolution. And based on the reps names I doubt they are even English speaking. That may contribute to the issue. Not being racist but just a realist.

Rohsiph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've also noticed delivery estimates have really slipped this year especially. Pre-ordered last week, order said release-day shipping. Got a text + email saying the game was going to ship yesterday (release day) with delivery by 8pm. Got a text + email saying the order shipped around 10:30pm. Annoyed, but I'm also waiting on an LG 4k LED from Best Buy that won't arrive until tomorrow at the earliest, and have enough other drama going on to keep me from raising an issue with customer service. Amazon wins again . . . but I'm seriously beginning to consider dropping Prime.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.