Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

The new trailer for Final Fantasy XV is incredible...

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

How good does this look? I can't wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Visually it does look really good and the music is awesome too but what the fuck is even happening in this trailer?

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do realize this is just an outsourced animation right? Looks great though!

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

what the fuck is even happening in this trailer?

Final Fantasy is happening.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The World Ends with You came out in 2008. So it's been eight years since the last good Squenix RPG. I'm not super confident in this game being any good.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does look good. I haven't been closely following FFXV though since I only have a PC and its not clear if its ever going to come to PC. Is there any of the game left from what was being revealed at the E3 2013 trailer?

Loading Video...

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By chilibean_3

Super neat trailer!

Tells you fuck all about the game though. And smart decision not to use any of the boy band's awful voice acting they've shown in the past.

Still really into the idea of Final Fantasy: Road Trip. Hope it ends up great and I find the time to mess with it.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've bought the majority of the other FF games so I was already basically predisposed to get this one, but I have to admit that is a nooooooyce trailer.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the plot twist is that Noctis becomes Darth Vader at the end?

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Song from trailer. Sooooooooooo good.

Shit is gold ladies and gents. It's happening.gif

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

XV has come to.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I really, really want to know if this game is any good or not. Sometimes, it looks like it could be great. Sometimes, it looks like it could be total garbage.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

So from that trailer am I to assume this is the story of how D-Dog lost his eye?

Seriously, I don't agree that the trailer was any good, unless by good you mean "visually impressive". When you break down what was actually happening, it was just a lot of confusing, angsty, anime bullshit. Which to be fair describes just about every Final Fantasy game. But this doesn't look like the good kind of confusing, angsty, anime bullshit. It looks more like "Crap, we've been developing this game for 10 years and we still don't know what it's supposed to be about."

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thatpinguino  Staff

What a beautiful mess that trailer was. I mean what the fuck even is this game anymore.

tiffanytryhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trailer is obviously about the character arc of his shirt, and how he learns to live without it.

avenlaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't help but think if he kept his eyes on the road the entire story of XV could have been completely skipped...

Good trailer none the less, i'm excited! And its awesome to actually see some genuine hype around a Final Fantasy Product sans FFXIV.

koelsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or are they attempting to invoke a Kojima with this one?

LastBestHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The context for what you see in this trailer is given in the description, kinda weird:

“Omen,” a short CG movie by Digic Pictures, inspired by FINAL FANTASY XV.

A rapidly shifting world, enemies that appear endlessly, gradual loss of abilities…

And a madness that brings harm to the beloved fiancée.

This short movie, which can only be described as a nightmare for the struggling Noctis, is a collaboration between FINAL FANTASY XV and Digic Pictures, the world renown 3D animation studio that also took part in the creation of KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV.

This beautiful yet violent motion picture inspired by the world and story of FINAL FANTASY depicts an “omen” for Noctis’ father, King Regis, of a catastrophic future that must be avoided.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By TheHT

Didn't do much for me. The part where he jumped into the mirror was dope as fuck, and the music's pretty good. Also his reflection was the girl, so that's interesting.

It is however the first time Noctis's style has looked reeeeeeeeeally goofy to me. Shootin a future rifle at a fucking robot with his dumb hair and 3/4 pants. Before, everything looked cohesively dark and silly, but here it stuck out for whatever reason. Nice to see the Dark Prince get some work again though.

Also, I gotta say, his relationship with the girl (Stella or Luna or whatever) looks less interesting here than it did in this 8 year old trailer. Here it's just like "oh hey, dude went all dark and killed the girl and now he's sad about it, whoops!" But there it was like "oh now she's gonna run over and they embrace and, wait, what, she's gonna fuckin fight him?"

In any case, I'm excited curious to see what they've ended up creating after 10 fucking years of who-knows-what.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again preview things for FFXV do nothing to answer my question of "Does the game part of it seem good"

Hell this could have easily been a trailer for Kingsglaive 2 or whatever.

I'm sure I'll play it, but I'm expecting just a fancier budget FF13 pile of confusion and bad characters.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koelsh said:

Is it just me or are they attempting to invoke a Kojima with this one?

With the release of that Moogle trailer I think they're trying to make FFXV the MGSV of Final Fantasy. I could be reaching, but I think that there are multiple parallels in the marketing and gameplay of both games.

Also I'm more interested in whatever song was playing from his radio at the very beginning of the trailer. Could anyone help me out?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
    deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty rad trailer and the story implications are interesting.

Not as anime (sans his dumb hair) as I was expecting either!

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so onboard this fuckin weird ass FF15 train and I never wanna get off

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck, I bet this game would be so much better if instead of the rest of the boyband, it was Noctis and that sick dog on a road trip.

Once again preview things for FFXV do nothing to answer my question of "Does the game part of it seem good"

Even the playable demos are conflicting about this; Duscae I remember playing fine and being pretty fun, but the free one they put out later played like hot garbage and also didn't run very well.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: 100% agree with you. Duscae was clunky, the combat felt unrefined, but there was something really cool there that was appealing.

The plat demo was straight trash and the combat went from clunky but maybe deep to "ok mash 1 button you win"

So i'm super confused as to wtf this game is. At least Kotaku's Jason Schreier has it and responded to my tweet saying the combat feels "wayyyyyyyyy better then both demos"

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanna pet that doggy

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the exact same reaction whenever I see a puppy. Takes me right off the damn road. Makes me wish the dog was a companion.

I really hope this game is good. I want to like Final Fantasy again so badly. The presentation seems really interesting here and the transitions were neat. Doesn't really tell me much about how fun the game is to play though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.