Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

UNCOVERED: Final Fantasy XV

• 120 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Got my order in for the Collectors Edition. $270 is expensive but FFXV will be the only game I really go out of my way to purchase this year. :)

@turboman said:

Square is investing so much money around this game and it has me very worried. All of the trailers look cool, but all of this fluff around the game that nobody actually cares about looks terrible.

I'm actually super pumped about all of it. I think you greatly underestimate how die hard of a fanbase Final Fantasy has.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Just got through the demo. I'm thankful that it at least saved me $60, since I now have zero interest in buying the full game.

Graphically it looks nice, but the movement and combat felt bad. Real, real bad. I had a lot of problems with the camera in particular- it doesn't feel great just moving around, but it's far too close to the character for what they're trying to go for with the real-time combat. There's no way to change the settings in the demo either.

And speaking of that combat, I found it totally un-engaging. It essentially boils down to "hold one of two buttons and occasionally dodge roll." I know this is just a demo and that they probably can and will change things before the full release, but they're so far off right now that I don't see them getting it into a fun state prior to launch. It seems to be stuck in this uncomfortable middle ground: it isn't good as an action game and it doesn't feel enough like prior Final Fantasies to be a good Final Fantasy combat system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
    deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The anime looks dumb but the game still looks incredible and the movie at least doesn't focus on brooding teens so...

Also that Florence song in the trailer is the right kind of stupid. Still hyped.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got my order in for the Collectors Edition. $270 is expensive but FFXV will be the only game I really go out of my way to purchase this year. :)

@turboman said:

Square is investing so much money around this game and it has me very worried. All of the trailers look cool, but all of this fluff around the game that nobody actually cares about looks terrible.

I'm actually super pumped about all of it. I think you greatly underestimate how die hard of a fanbase Final Fantasy has.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about all of this. I'm also just way into the weird road-trip vibe this game has, the dumb stuff with them just hanging out all seems pretty great.

I thought about the Collectors Edition but A) I actually am getting other games this year and shouldn't go crazy, B) Missed my chance to get it, it seems and C) Am only REALLY interested in the soundtrack portion of it so I might as well wait an just get the soundtrack on its own. I thought about the other edition for the Kingsglaive Blu-Ray, but eh, I think I'll just go normal "day one edition" from Amazon.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

omg they got Florence + the Machine. GOTY.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ben E. King is in Final Fantasy. What a time to be alive!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

This is really weird. Is there that big hype for this? or do they just want the hype?

I think the hype is now so much more about fans and not the general public. There are people for every game where THAT game coming is still a huge event even if the rest of the world has moved on.

I like some jRPGs, but I think i have moved on from how Square does jRPG under the Final Fantasy brand. In fact, I would have to say that Persona 5 will be a much bigger deal around Giant Bomb than Final Fantasy will be this year.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By veektarius

Looks like the environmental textures have taken a dive since the first demo. It doesn't look that good at all, and that used to be a marquee feature of Final Fantasies when they were Playstation exclusives.

@lawgamer: Are you referring to the old demo that came out with FF Type-0 or did they release a new one?

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The framerate wasn't great in that demo...

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Looks like the environmental textures have taken a dive since the first demo. It doesn't look that good at all, and that used to be a marquee feature of Final Fantasies when they were Playstation exclusives.

@lawgamer: Are you referring to the old demo that came out with FF Type-0 or did they release a new one?

Referring to the new one. Didn't play Episode Nova Duscae Duo Fabilus or whatever the hell it was called.

HarrySound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man that framerate. Yeah yeah Demo.

But your not going to release a single from an album that was recorded in your toilet are you.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I really don't get what is behind these demo moves they are doing. Just wait and release the game. It doesn't make sense for an RPG and is it that big of a deal to Final Fantasy in the past? VII perhaps but I just don't see why they release this odd tech demo thing. Seems to be causing more damage than anything.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Platinum Demo is like an engine tech demo crossed with a semi-photorealistic remake of 3 parts of Kingdom Hearts.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I really don't get what is behind these demo moves they are doing. Just wait and release the game. It doesn't make sense for an RPG and is it that big of a deal to Final Fantasy in the past? VII perhaps but I just don't see why they release this odd tech demo thing. Seems to be causing more damage than anything.

I was arguing with my friends about this - if this platinum demo hadn't been released, there's a very real possibility I would have just bought the game day one. Now that I got a mini taste of the gameplay? No way. I'm definitely waiting to hear some impressions on the full game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@nickhead said:
    @artisanbreads said:

I was arguing with my friends about this - if this platinum demo hadn't been released, there's a very real possibility I would have just bought the game day one. Now that I got a mini taste of the gameplay? No way. I'm definitely waiting to hear some impressions on the full game.

Its a two edged sword. They'll gain some and lose some. They just need to hope they gain more than they lose. To me it really solidified my purchase (and i'm glad as I pre-ordered the crazy $270 CE) I was unsure of XV after the Duscae demo earlier in the year but this really solidified to me that this game is going to be the real deal. I enjoyed the combat changes and a little taste of what is to come.

I can't wait for the full thing. once you get your bros and the full world to explore? Oh man sign me up. I can't wait to see what all the summons look like. I can't wait to explore the world and I can't wait to interact with Noctis and his buddies.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ShadyPingu

Whuff. That demo didn't exactly steer me toward the preorder button. I feel mildly less excited about the game now.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Platinum Demo is neat even if it technically is just a strange spin-off and isn't really what the main game is.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm wondering why there hasn't been any mention of the event on Giant Bomb, and reading the notes for the Beastcast it doesn't seem like they mention it there either.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: Austin said on twitter they recorded on Wednesday.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This video seems relevant, and largely accurate to my experiences with trying out demos.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.