Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

Were XIII and XIII-2 just time fillers?

• 58 results
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Enigma777

@Morrow: Hey, I was just making a prediction here based on SE's past decisions and operating patterns. I gave up on Vs 13 years ago, you should probably do as well. Otherwise you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Or don't. I don't care either way.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Morrow

@Enigma777 said:

@Morrow: Hey, I was just making a prediction here based on SE's past decisions and operating patterns. I gave up on Vs 13 years ago, you should probably do as well. Otherwise you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Or don't. I don't care either way.

I am looking forward to Versus as I do to some other games. It'll be fun once it's out, it's not the meaning of my life. I could wait for Skyrim (which I was kinda disappointed of), and I can wait for Versus. Just because you abandoned it doesn't mean everyone has to... ^^

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By biospank
    @Morrow: it was actually before ff13-2 was announced when that artical was published. But ff13-2 was not entierly developed by square first production but it was co-developed by tri-ace.  I am  more interested to see if it comes out and that tales games has taken the crown of the jrpg like 2chan has been sayin.
    Or if persona5 is out by the time of ffvs13 is out and the sales of persona5 is higher then the vs13 and the reason I am interested bt this is because that would mean that the 2chan dudes are right that the ff name is tainted by the latest games in the series.
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Morrow

@biospank said:

@Morrow: it was actually before ff13-2 was announced when that artical was published. But ff13-2 was not entierly developed by square first production but it was co-developed by tri-ace. I am more interested to see if it comes out and that tales games has taken the crown of the jrpg like 2chan has been sayin.
    Or if persona5 is out by the time of ffvs13 is out and the sales of persona5 is higher then the vs13 and the reason I am interested bt this is because that would mean that the 2chan dudes are right that the ff name is tainted by the latest games in the series.

I'm not familiar with 2chan, but in the eyes of the FF fans the image of the franchise has definately been tainted. Almost every FF fan who played most former titles says that. You don't really need to be clever or something to realize that... just read the gamers reviews.

However, I never owned a PS2 so XIII and XIII-2 were my first major FFs, so I can't really take a side here.

n0nametaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By n0nametaz

@nintendoeats: Haha that game is only 7 years old.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@nintendoeats said:

Every time I see a thread title about FFXIII I think that a sequel to XIII has been announced.

Everytime I see XIII I think of an underrated FPS game that could've been amazing given more time for polish.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Morrow: Was it just me that thought that FF 13 was a great game? You kinda discredit it alot, but I felt that it created some great characters and had a heartfelt story.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Morrow

@ItBeStefYo: Hmmm sorry that it sounds like I'm discrediting it, I enjoyed it. I'm just aware it can't hold up to other FF titles. I did enjoy FFXIII-2 a lot though, one of the very few games I got a platinum trophy for. I just found it a bit too short.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.