Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

What are you expectations now after the Uncovered live stream?

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Chocobodude3

Have your opinions changed?

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

When did they announce it was coming to Xbox One?

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kishinfoulux

I just want them to hit the solid 30 fps mark they're targeting. That's all they need to do. My hype can't go up anymore.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Weird how the game reminded me of a 3d platformer with a bad jump. Like there is not enough airtime and forward momentum to actually feel good about jumping around. I could see those collectables being their strange method to guide the player around in the open-world. That seems like a Japanese solution from a dev that generally doesn't make those kind of games. 'What if the player gets lost and frustrated before they see the pretty cutscene?'

Performance was rough, graphics were worse than FF13 apart from some particle effects . so many jaggies and painful contrast. Transforming to a beast showed how static the maps are. You're telling me that this animal that includes rocks crumbling in his attack animation can't bring a lawnchair to fall? Transforming also caused a lot of wall clipping.

Combat felt underwhelming. Smaller enemies will die if you hold circle, Dodge is not very reliable against bosses and the roll dodge seems pretty useless when you can warp away at a greater (and safer) distance. I guess there's room for some stagger combo's which might be interesting. Jumping in with a sword and changing to the hammer seemed useful. I just think that both the jump and the magic grenade approach make the combat worse than Kingdom Hearts was. In Kingdom Hearts, you had a nice floaty jump and a responsive roll that were essential for a lot of fights. I don't feel like FFXV's jump will ever be useful in combat. And throwing magic grenades takes a lot longer than Kingdom Hearts' quick-fire magic.

I also dislike the pace of combat where you're supposed to hang out on a pole after you've drained your mana / lost some HP. It just seems like a non-fun mechanic. Difficulty seems to depend on how much the person is willing to abuse that mechanic in fights.

Overall it was disappointing. Meteorain and raindrop looked pretty though.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By peacebrother

Well it's been 10 years since a good Final Fantasy game, so I'm gonna hold off on forming an opinion until it comes out. I would love for this game to be something super cool though.

The framerate looks horrific.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still looking forward to it. The trailers were gorgeous and it does look interesting. I hope they fill the world with stuff to do though.

I do think they should have labelled the demo as a tech demo as surely that will put some people off. People are going to think its a crappy platformer with simple combat.

All hail the meteor bauble though!

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've been lowered even more. Could care less about FFXV at this point!

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DanishingAct

I expected XIII levels of boring nonsense. Now I expect it'll be a day one purchase. The clips seemed really cool, and the demo sold me on it. I miss old school FF, but the kingdom hearts/road trip feel had me excited to see where things go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.