Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

What level were you when you finished the game (spoliers?)

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was curious what level everyone was when they beat this game. I think I might be handling the game wrong. I'm on chapter 4 and am currently level 38. I either steam roll shit, or have a good fight with seemingly large enemies. Did I just do entirely too much optional shit to start? Either way, loving the game (surprisingly).

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

There's some really easy ways to level (unlike gaining AP), so I beat chapter 13 at like lvl 51, then spent 2 hours getting to lvl99, a couple more hours getting the last few armiger weapons and then beat the game.

You seem to be progressing similar to me - note that if you don't use magic against some of the endgame enemies (like lvl70+ or groups of lvl50+ enemies), it can be tough, so the game does keep its challenge. Additionally, if you go without the more OP cooking recipes, the game can be challenging.

That said, if you use some of the guarenteed critical or +4000HP recipes (one of which also nullifies all elemental damage) AND use magic, everything is a cakewalk (quincast X-aga magic... stop... death... etc etc).

EDIT: That said, you can probably beat the game at like lvl35 assuming you spend time exploring and getting a good stock of elixirs / hi elixirs / megalixirs or just use the afore mentioned magic/foodstuffs.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ya I finished it at around level 40 and I felt like I did a lot of side stuff before actually focusing on the story. At chapter 9 you wont be able to go back to the open world or the side quests for awhile.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Noctis was 72. Everyone else was 69.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
    deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sixty niiiiine!

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I finished the story out at ~45, Noctis was a little higher. Did around 40 side quests and some hunts along the way. I always intended to head back in and keep going on the side content after the story so I figured why not. The difficulty of the final quests at that level seemed fine, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble there if you're already pushing 40. I'd say just keep playing and enjoying it the way you are, if it's working for you. If you do decide to roll through the story next, worth noting that although you leave the open world after Ch. 9 there are quite a few opportunities to "Call Umbra" and head back to Lucis at your discretion.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

81, solo'd a demon wall (I did almost every hunt, sidequest, and dungeon available; correctly assuming they'd be more challenging at lower levels than the main storyline). I'll probably try doing a super low level run in the future out of curiosity, the photo mechanic makes new playthroughs more compelling than usual.

No grinding whatsoever.

Looks like the hardest fights in the game are the Necromancers and Couerls when done at level 20-25ish since they blow past the revive mechanic and can instant kill you sometimes; Necros can be cheesed at any level but the Couerls can't necessarily.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

I just finished the game some 15 minutes ago, and god knows I've got plenty of thoughts about this beautiful mess, but I'll delve into that in a thread of my own sometime in the upcoming weeks.

On topic, Noctis was 43, the rest of the crew were a few levels beneath in varying degrees. I took some of the advice I'd read online to heart, to save the majority of the side stuff for after I was done with the campaign. It allowed for some genuine challenge towards the latter half of the game, which I really enjoyed. Combat system in this game is great, I find, there's a ton of complexity that you can delve into, or not, depending on your tastes, so it really makes for some tense fights such as the Behemoth King infront of the citadel, or Reevus at the end of chapter 13.

Ifrit might have been the visually coolest boss I've seen in quite some time, but I didn't find him too difficult. Admittedly, I was also just in the "zone" when I fought him, hitting every parry; using ice/heal magic at crucial moments, and rarely getting a hit that wasn't a blind-side.

I really, really like this game, ya'll.

maxi_lopez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#12 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I was level 66 when I beat it.

@selfconfessedcynic: how did you get from level 51 to level 99 in two hours????

Reasonably sure it was though liberal use of expericast and the 3x exp inn

Dinosaurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50. A few hours of podcast listening and AP grinding to get most unlocks.

After about ten more natural levels of post game getting the platinum trophy I just did a quick expericast abuse to 99.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sgtsphynx said:

I was level 66 when I beat it.

@maxi_lopez said:

@selfconfessedcynic: how did you get from level 51 to level 99 in two hours????

Reasonably sure it was though liberal use of expericast and the 3x exp inn

Yup, two easy options;

1. Expericast is a thing you can put on magic (from debased coins, banknotes, and a couple of other things).

Method:

1. Put in 1 of any element and up to lvl96 (99 is a waste) from your matts and make as many spells as you have expericast matts to use.
    2. Buy the food available in the area you get to in chapter 9/10 for $8000 or from lvl9 cooking (x2 EXP).
    3. Go to the area around Hammerhead and use the beast whistle to call in low level enemies then just nuke them with your newly minted spells (getting 2x A+ ratings, further boosting your EXP and letting you chill between casts).
    4. After you're done (make sure to reup your food if you run out - doubtful, but still) - head to the hotel in that chapter 9/10 area which gives 3x EXP for $30000.

I got 2.5million EXP in 1 shot from this and that took me to lvl95.

2. At the bottom left corner of the map there's that volcano area (also a dungeon there). The nearby outpost has a hunt which spawns like 7 Wyverns. Use the food and resting stuff from method 1, but this time just kill Wyverns. A bit slower but Wyverns drop Wyvern Wings, which sell for a bunch of gold. I used this to go from 95-99 (~500k exp). Note, this is only made fast if you have access to an item you get in chapter 11/12 related to the story. That item kills most enemies below like lvl40, which these happen to be.

All of the above is best done in Chapter 14 or 15.

KSCK26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KSCK26

@selfconfessedcynic: this is an excellent leveling guide, I've been stuck in the mid 60s for a while now and wasn't sure what enemies would be worth using exp spells on. If cranking out low level battles will still work I'm excited to max out tonight. I'd rather spend 30 minutes on the big turtle than 3 hours.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ksck26 said:

@selfconfessedcynic: this is an excellent leveling guide, I've been stuck in the mid 60s for a while now and wasn't sure what enemies would be worth using exp spells on. If cranking out low level battles will still work I'm excited to max out tonight. I'd rather spend 30 minutes on the big turtle than 3 hours.

No worries - if you do it right, you can get all of the expericast stuff you have off in about 40 minutes. The main variable is how many of those items you found during your playthrough, so that can be a little random and hence you can be a bit short changed (some people have been able to get to lvl99 in one hit).

That said, method 2 works just fine as long as you can kill the Wyverns and remember to sell the wings when you get to 99 (I forgot at the last rotation so I lost a good 60k gil because I exceeded 99).

Note: Some guides show you areas to get more coins for expericast, but having tried that for a rotation or two myself and coming up with nearly nothing, I'd stick with method 2 if you fall short of lvl99. The gil is worth it and the time taken isnt that much.

Note 2: Some variants of this have you fight one big enemy for a long period of time, getting off all of your spells against them, however this usually leaves you with (at best) 1 A+ rating at the end so although its (arguably) more convenient, you lose some bonus XP from having an additional A+ rating for the battles. I found this method with low level dudes works out better.

If you find a good area to spawn low level dudes and have the Shield of the Just armiger weapon (AOE damage), you can blinkstrike mobs and then whistle before the battle summary comes up to get 2-4AP per (very fast) rotation. That seems to be the fastest AP farming method.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

I was about 58 when I finished the main story, without any explicit grinding for XP. I made a couple weaker Expericast spells at one point, and did a lot of side quests (I had the 80 side quest trophy done well before the end of the story) but wasn't really actively trying to grind.

It felt like a pretty good balance, as some of the end fights were still reasonably challenging but I was in no danger of dying either.

yujinred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

55 i think. Feels too overleveled in the end. Ifrit and ardyn was too easy imo. Although i did get the engima blade which does a lot of Damage lol.

Snarfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Snarfstar

Honestly I really blew through this game in about 20 hours because I wasn't much impressed with the game as compared to other final fantasy and just really didn't grab me per se .... I finished the game at level 37 with my main character and everyone else at 35 I really wish the game would've been something more like kingdom hearts I think that would've made it a lot better but hey it's still final fantasy and I'll take it For what it is... overall it was just disappointing because this type of game play with open world is my jam and they had so much room to make an epic game and I feel like they just rushed through it ... but yeah who else finish the game at a pretty low level ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.