Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

Windows Edition Benchmark has Nvidia Ansel support for screenshots

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikewhy

I've barely even run the thing but holy heck Ansel is cool, if you like photo modes.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah this was the first time I used Ansel also, and it's really impressive. I hope more games start to use it!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not overly impressed with how the game looks, especially with the performance I am getting. That said i didny see much difference between low and high at 4k besides better frame rate. Dipping below 60 with a 1080 at 1080:-) kinda sucks but i guess its getting close to that time. I hope this game gets more resolution support and graphics settings at realease, not really sure why Japanese developers seem to not get the importance of this stuff on pc.

As far as ansel i used it in mass effect and it is pretty cool.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

If you want to do some more Ansel testing then witcher 3 is a great game for that.

mORTEN81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expected a bit more in the graphics department, I must admit. Going 4K made a hell of a difference though.

It seems like a great port, if the benchmark is anything to go by. I was really hoping for some of that 4K/60 with my gtx1080 - you know, just disabling AA and maybe a notch down in shadows, but I'm thinking it's not going to be possible. HDR makes a big difference in this game though, so no 1440p either.
    I'm torn between 1440p smooth 60fps with no HDR or 4K/30 with HDR enabled and some settings turned down. Guess I'll have to find my balance when that time comes.

I have no sound in the benchmark. I assume that's not normal?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OurSin_360

@morten81: you can run the bench at 1440p with a command prompt, i dont know it off hand but its easy to google it.

It dipped into the 40's for me at max setting on my 1080 at 1440, but it still looked smooth (granted you arent controlling the thing). I got 4k 30-28 too and it honestly didnt seem that choppy, maybe cause it was designed around 30fps with some decent motion blur, or its just the fact of being a video i am not sure. It didn't seem like any hdr was being used and i didn't see an option.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cikame

@oursin_360: It ran 60+ for me with no issue throughout with a 980ti, are you sure the "dips" below 60 arn't just the weird hitches the benchmark has? Cus i've seen the same hitching on machines waaay more powerful than mine, shouldn't be present in the full release.... i'd hope.

Tekken 7 also has Ansel support
    OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at 1080p? I ran fraps on it (might have caused some dips i hardly use it anymore) but it dropped under 50 a few times, although it wasn't visually noticeable. And yea there are also some engine hitches and flickering geometry and textures i didn't mention.

@cikame said:

@oursin_360: It ran 60+ for me with no issue throughout with a 980ti, are you sure the "dips" below 60 arn't just the weird hitches the benchmark has? Cus i've seen the same hitching on machines waaay more powerful than mine, shouldn't be present in the full release.... i'd hope.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just a FYI there is a lot of nvidia tech built into this port and nvidia stated that their optimized drivers for FF XV won't release until a week before the games launch. So you should see improvements with those drivers. my results with ryzen 5 1500x @ 3.8Ghz GTX 1060 were: lite 8888 standard 6650 high 4660 also hardware unboxed did a round of cpu testing and will be doing gpu testing soon for anyone wanting some numbers to compare against.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mikewhy

@morten81: The benchmark definitely has sound.

And I had no clue Witcher 3 has Ansel support and have been looking for a reason to play that again.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: I don't currently have fraps installed, i usually use the steam overlay fps display, as such i also don't know if the benchmark is locked at 60 but since it's testing performance i'd assume it's unlocked, but i'm very sensitive to frame rate and it definitely never went sub 60 for me.
    i7 6700k 4ghz
    980ti
    32gb ram
    running on an ssd.
    Benchmark score, for what it's worth, was 6654 on High, 1920x1080.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OurSin_360

@cikame: i got like 7000 something and it did dip, but only in a few cases. And despite me being pretty sensitive to fps i found i didn't actually notice the dips. Not sure if they are doing some frame pacing wizadry or its just the sake of it being prerendered, but even 4k 30-28 didnt seen unplayable in the benchmark. But fraps definitely had dips at even 1080p. Could be cpu issues as yours is better than mine. Maxed at 1440p i got dips into the mid 40s but it stayed above 60 most of the time.

Gtx 1080

I5 6600k

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

The food at the end of the benchmark is the best looking video game food I've ever seen. If I scrolled past a screenshot of that on Instagram or whatever I probably wouldn't even think twice about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.