Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy

Franchise »

Final Fantasy is Square Enix's most famous and successful franchise and has been going for more than 35 years. With the impending release of Final Fantasy XVI, there are sixteen numbered mainline games, with dozens of spin-offs.

Deep Listens: Final Foiling: Time To Talk About the FF Trading Card Game

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thatpinguino  Staff
    The Quina Card is actually really good in the FF TCG
    The Quina Card is actually really good in the FF TCG

Deep Listens is a gaming podcast series I'm recording with a few of my friends. Every two weeks we pick and play a new game and then discuss it from a literary, philosophical, and game design perspective. Its kind of like a book club for video games. We try to dig as deep as we can on an individual game every episode so check it out!

In this episode Gino and Chris "@zombiepie" -REDACTED- discuss the Final Fantasy Trading Card Game. We start out with some GBCER announcements and listener feedback before pivoting to the FF TCG. Chris takes exception to the fact that the FF TCG is a trading card game while Gino delves into the specifics of what separates the FF TCG from it's clear progenitor: Magic: The Gathering. We wrap up by ranking the FF TCG among all of the Final Fantasy games.

Final Foiling: Time To Talk About the FF Trading Card Game

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

❤️ It's about damn time! ❤️

I've currently got a complete (non-foil) set of Opus 1 and Opus 2 in the FFTCG. Only about a dozen cards to go in Opus 3, though yet to seriously start on Opus 4 (I was broke when that set came out). In fact, my best friend asked me for some details of how he could start collecting them too, so I've set up a surprise present for him: I plan to meet up with him in a few weeks (first time this year - we live 5 hours apart now) and have bought him a special folder, acid-free 9-card sheets, and a booster box of Opus 5 (the one that just came out) to share equally with him (opening together). I'm also giving him my doubles from older sets to get started on his collection. So say what you want about the TCG as a game, but it's probably going to end up being the backdrop to my favourite day of the year so far!

Still have yet to play a game of the FFTCG (even after I spent a long time learning how to play, which was difficult since I've never played MTG before) but maybe I'll end up playing it with my friend if he's interested.

Side Note: I am extremely excited to watch you both playing Final Fantasy XIII for the Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run ❤️

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.