Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Need some help before I start the game!

cire147258369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cire147258369

Ok so I am a huge jrp fan but i have never been into the fire emblem series so i really dont know what difficulty classic/casual setting to set it to,

I dont mind a challenge but i dont know how the units can come back to life setting is.would it be more annoying then a challenge or would it be better to go on a harder dificulty and play casual then normal with classic.

Thank you for any help and i cant wait to enjoy this game :D

DTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DTS

@cire147258369: I'll share my experience so far as someone that hasn't played a Fire Emblem game until earlier today.

I'd argue forcefully for the classic setting. It adds an incredible amount of tension to the game, and adds weight to the conversations that happen between characters. You become more engaged in the conversations, and the characters having them, when every scene could be their last. As you become more engaged and interested in the characters, combat becomes more intense and weighty as a character could be lost permanently at almost any moment.

Without the permadeath option, the weight of the combat and the poignancy of the conversations is unfortunately diminished.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By azrailx

do normal classic. the setups are pretty easy but you will have to pay attention to tactics. resetting if someone dies espcially in the start is fine.

you will learn from your mistakes and become a better player. (ie keep your peg knights away from archeres1!!, etc.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.