Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem Engage

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 20, 2023

A thousand years after being sealed away, the Fell Dragon has returned to destroy Elyos. Alear and a new cast of heroes enlist the help of legends from other Fire Emblem worlds to help them defeat the dragon once and for all.

Your thoughts on the coming up DLC story?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear tactical role-playing game fans in the Giant Bomb forums

Here we go, the fourth wave of this game's DLC is here which consists of a new story, two new characters, etc. While I haven't seen anybody in this forum site sharing their thoughts on that, so I decided to make a thread of it.

My short thoughts on this game so far:
    To me, the story writing is okay, while gameplay is totally fun so I would personally recommend this game for the Nintendo Switch owners who love the Fire Emblem franchise and tactical role-playing games in general, while the DLC emblems are actually really useful and can be used as replacements after you lost your in-game emblems at the end of chapter 10 where Veyle robs all of them.

Edit: I hope the next Fire Emblem installments will have better story writing.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have some interest in trying out Three Houses but it always seemed a bit overwhelming with all the social stuff in addition to the combat. Engage seems more focused on the cameos from previous games, and since I don't have any nostalgia for them I don't have any interest. In general I like more grounded worlds and I don't see the point in crossovers from other universes. Seems a little gimmicky. Just my tastes, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.