Feb 20th, the real Dark Heroes begins.

#1 Edited by spiketail (230 posts) -

The real question is what should be focused upon while we are under the 1/2 stamina cost & 0 stamina cost to equip skills? Oh, and the 10 free Stamina Potions you also get during the Worldwide Launch Celebration.

Currently, I think getting as many of the story quests done for the free orbs and focusing on a team of 4 to get that done. Which will hopefully get a team high enough to farm the 6th level of the training tower or higher.

#2 Posted by ichthy (1345 posts) -

The real question is what should be focused upon while we are under the 1/2 stamina cost & 0 stamina cost to equip skills? Oh, and the 10 free Stamina Potions you also get during the Worldwide Launch Celebration.

Currently, I think getting as many of the story quests done for the free orbs and focusing on a team of 4 to get that done. Which will hopefully get a team high enough to farm the 6th level of the training tower or higher.

Half stamina is only for training tower iirc correctly. So you should be trying to get as many guys up to 40 as you can right now.

#3 Posted by doctordonkey (1769 posts) -

I was blown away when I found out that training stamina costs are currently halved and equipping skills actually costs stamina. Do they actually want people to stick around and keep playing or not? So once I get into the Lunatic stuff I can play for 5 minutes every 4 hours? This game is pretty okay, but not that good.

I'm glad I got in while the gettin' was good and had my fun with it. Definitely won't be sticking around with those stamina costs, though.

#4 Edited by MezZa (3036 posts) -

It's only for the training tower. So do that while you can. Try to get the badges that let you upgrade 4 stars to 5 stars. Which means run stratum 6 or higher. Get people to lvl 40. At least one full team and especially your 5 stars (your 4 stars will reset to level 1 when you upgrade them, so only get them to 20 unless you absolutely have to use them on your team). There's a rumor that the training tower will actually be half off on Mondays in the future, but since it's always half off right now we can't tell. That's probably just people being hopeful, but one would think that they wouldn't just leave Mondays as a waste of a day.

#5 Posted by spiketail (230 posts) -

Dang. Must of read that line over a half dozen times and failed the Comprehension roll to note that it's training tower only. Still, got plenty of days and potions to get that team to 40. :D

#6 Posted by forteexe21 (2007 posts) -

Very likely to drop the game if they dont fix the stamina and feather problems. Its ridiculous if they expect people to grind those stuff by playing 5 minutes every 5 hours.

#7 Edited by AzureGale (307 posts) -

Well, there's some good news. They just put up an announcement that they're keeping the halved training tower costs and no stamina to equip skills thing indefinitely. Also. Monday will actually have some rewards for training tower and defeating enemies that are at a much lower level than a unit will still give experience.

A screenshot

#8 Posted by Naoiko (1673 posts) -
#9 Posted by redyoshi (1426 posts) -

I wonder if higher level units would also get the skill points from defeating those low level enemies, or maybe that would be too exploitable.

Anyway, it's cool that they're listening. They also just put up three paralogue stages for the new summoning focus, so that's 9 more orbs if you can run through them on each difficulty.

#10 Posted by jaycrockett (854 posts) -

Yay, Sacred Stones characters are in, time to dump the 60+ orbs I've been hoarding. Now I have to decide, do five characters at a time for maximum efficiency, or only pick red slots for the character I want.

The exp thing is very welcome. There was a fine line between getting the smackdown and it been too easy and not getting any exp.

#11 Edited by BisonHero (11545 posts) -

@redyoshi said:

I wonder if higher level units would also get the skill points from defeating those low level enemies, or maybe that would be too exploitable.

Anyway, it's cool that they're listening. They also just put up three paralogue stages for the new summoning focus, so that's 9 more orbs if you can run through them on each difficulty.

Yeah, they seem either responsive to feedback, or they always knew that people weren't going to stomach the insanely high training tower stamina costs and it was all a ploy. But yeah, people have been complaining about the feather costs, and the (eventually raised) stamina costs, so it's cool that they added a few more ways to get feathers from quests and now they're keeping the stamina costs low. It just seems like a really fast turnaround time for them to internally OK all of those changes, which in theory will hurt revenue when otherwise people might pay more for stamina potions/dueling crests/whatever.

It's sad that Pokemon GO didn't get this kind of responsive support (totally different company, I know).

#12 Edited by MezZa (3036 posts) -

@bisonhero: My guess is that the feedback was significant enough to make higher ups weigh the longevity of the game and their player base over the money they might have made by being stingy with stamina and feathers. Its not impossible for a company to back up on what they thought was the right approach after seeing feedback. Happens occaisionally whenever something new is launched at my company, and is usually prioritized within a couple weeks if there aren't other constraints pushing the time table back.

Ideally someone there understands that a happy player base means more people are willing to part with their money, so they fast tracked these fixes. Sadly Niantic didn't take the same approach. Or maybe it was a ploy, but I'd prefer to give them benefit of the doubt until they do wrong.

#13 Posted by redyoshi (1426 posts) -

@bisonhero: Never played Pokemon Go so I don't have much to compare it to there, but I've definitely heard of player dissatisfaction around that whole scene. As for keeping the high stamina costs to get people to pay for refills, I can only speak for myself personally in saying that would ensure they'd never get a cent from me. I actually have no problem putting in some money on a F2P game, but only if I don't feel like I'm being forced to. Seeing that they're willing to make changes like this makes me much more willing to give them money, even just as a tip jar thing.

#14 Posted by jaycrockett (854 posts) -

Well I dumped 70 orbs into the new hopper (picking red only) and I didn't get Eirika. Oh well, I did get 3 5 star characters including 5* Marth (the only other name I recognize). Boy are they over powered compared to my 2 and 3 star guys.

Still enjoying the game casually.

#15 Posted by BisonHero (11545 posts) -

@jaycrockett: Yeah, I got a 5 star Ephraim, and it's retarded how he is leagues above any other melee spear unit I have access to.

The Arena is kinda frustrating when so many opponents are teams of five star dudes against my mostly 4 star dudes, and surprisingly often my units all deal zero dmg against like a 5 star Camilla (even when I have weapon triangle advantage) because her stats are so disgustingly high.

#16 Posted by MezZa (3036 posts) -

It looks like they've added a 1.5x bonus EXP event that apples to all modes for a little bit. Get those lvl 40s while it's easier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.