Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem Heroes

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 02, 2017

Fire Emblem Heroes is the first mobile game in the Fire Emblem series. Releasing in 2017 as a free-to-play game starring heroes from all Fire Emblem titles.

Feed...er, Merging Question

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By asmo917

I'm enjoying this, but didn't get the memo on re rolling, so I'm using fairly unimpressive 1-3 star characters I've leveled up through battles. I have one character at 3 bronze stars and leveled up somewhere around 13-15. I just got a one star silver of the same character. What's the optimal way to handle this? Do I feed the 3 star bronze to the one star silver? I do I keep the leveled bronze and feed the silver to it? I get that losing a higher star character will increase the stats for the silver character in this case, but what does the bronze/silver/gold tier really mean?

I hate that I'm enjoying this. I know it's not great.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

I think 1 star is iron, and 3 stars is bronze. So you should feed the 1 star to the 3 star.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm also pretty sure you lose the bonus of feeding unit if you upgrade it up a star later. So keep that in mind.

hanorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By hanorian

As long as the character is of a greater or equal rarity(star), the fed character will gain increased stats and SP. If the character is of lower rarity, no stats are gained and only SP is gained.

So a few examples,

4* -> 4* = Stats and SP

4* -> 3* = Stats and SP

4* -> 5* = ONLY SP

And as Ryuku mentions, upgrading a character a rarity level will lose any bonus stats gained through this process. Hope this helps!

I also reread your question and to clarify, generally more stars is going to be better. Feeding a higher star card into a lower one is probably never worth it, since the process to upgrade them up a rarity level is pretty expensive. Keep in mind you don't have to combine, having multiples of characters is not a big deal.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@asmo917: To clarify, the colouring of the stars is irrelevant and actually misleading (it goes silver->bronze->gold for some reason). The quantity of the stars on a given character is what matters. Lower star characters are locked out of a significant amount of skills, while a 5-star character has the ability to eventually unlock all of the skills associated with that character.

You can click on the + while you're looking at the stat screen for a character, and see the full skill list from there for each character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.