Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 26, 2019

The sixteenth mainline Fire Emblem game that features support troops on the battlefield, the player character encountering three protagonists with their own factions, and fully explorable 3D locations.

Do I need to play any of the other games?

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dsouvannarath

This is going to be my first FE game and I was wondering if it is connected to any of the other games or will I be ok just jumping into the story?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely stand-alone afaik.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It is not connected to the story of any other games in the series.

Fire Emblem, in general, takes place in a new setting each game, with new nations and characters that don’t seem to coexist on the same planet whatsoever. A few times they have explicitly continued on the story of a certain continent (typically taking place in the same countries and having returning characters in some form), but this is not one of those times.

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly didnt think id get any responses since there are no posts lol but thanks y'all! Im really excited to finally get into an FE game. This one seems really cool

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's already been said, but most of this series is an anthology, so you can jump in anywhere. There are only a couple of direct sequels, which I'll list below in case you find yourself digging further in the franchise and want to see them in the right order.

Fire Emblem 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Remade as New Mystery of the Emblem back in 2010 for the DS) is both a remake of and a direct sequel to the original Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light. Mystery of the Emblem is effectively Marth's entire story, but has yet to be released outside of Japan, even though the DS remake of FE 1 (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon 2009) was released in US/UK/AU and localized appropriately for those regions.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii is a direct sequel to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on the GC.

This one doesn't really count (but I'll mention it anyway), but Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Blade for the GBA is technically a prequel to Fire Emblem 6: The Binding Blade (also for GBA). It's a prequel in that one of the three main characters of FE 7 is the father of the protagonist of FE 6 (Roy). It doesn't count in that the events of each game aren't really that connected.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.