Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem

Franchise »

A strategy RPG franchise developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo. It is known for its emphasis on character development and concept of permanent character death.

New Mystery Iwata Asks - Fan Translated

Chalphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Chalphy

So the other day, the good people at Serenes Forest released a translated version of Iwata Asks: Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem. Read it here, it's expertly translated, and really captures the feeling of the Iwata Asks style. They are also creating a patch for the game, and it should be released before the year is over.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

An interesting enough interview, I guess. While Shin Monshou No Nazo isn't translated, I did manage to both play and finish it with just the interface translated. It's... alright? Certainly better than Shadow Dragon, though that's not much of a compliment. I'll probably play it again once the full patch is released, but personally I am far more excited for the 3DS installment which is theoretically coming out at some point early next year.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ArbitraryWater said:

personally I am far more excited for the 3DS installment which is theoretically coming out at some point early next year.

For some reason, I'm guessing Awakening's gonna go something like this.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Video_Game_King said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

personally I am far more excited for the 3DS installment which is theoretically coming out at some point early next year.

Considering I watched a dude's handicam LP of the game when it came out in Japan, I can make an educated guess that your suggestion is not the case. It has waifu obtaining like the Seisen no Keifu, split promotions and a world map like the Sacred Stones, crazy insane class changing like the DS installments and a "this was definitely not playtested" balls hard difficulty like Shin Monshou no Nazo. Also the soundtrack is preeeettyyy goood.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ArbitraryWater:

I'm not questioning the quality. I'm questioning whether Nintendo will release it at all.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Considering I watched a dude's handicam LP of the game when it came out in Japan, I can make an educated guess that your suggestion is not the case. It has waifu obtaining like the Seisen no Keifu, split promotions and a world map like the Sacred Stones, crazy insane class changing like the DS installments and a "this was definitely not playtested" balls hard difficulty like Shin Monshou no Nazo. Also the soundtrack is preeeettyyy goood.

Protip: Waifu obtaining is not a one-sided case. You can play a female custom character, and she can pursue dudes.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Video_Game_King said:

@ArbitraryWater:

I'm not questioning the quality. I'm questioning whether Nintendo will release it at all.

It's been officially confirmed for a western release for a while, with NOA Treehouse doing the localization. So unless Reggie wants you and me to form a posse of all the angry Fire Emblem fans and show up on his doorstep, I think it would be unlikely they would cancel it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@ArbitraryWater:

It's been officially confirmed for a western release for a while, with NOA Treehouse doing the localization. So unless Reggie wants you and me to form a posse of all the angry Fire Emblem fans and show up on his doorstep, I think it would be unlikely they would cancel it.

Yeah, I mean, it's been known since E3 and has since been mentioned in an American Nintendo Direct presentation. It's coming.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Hailinel said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Protip: Waifu obtaining is not a one-sided case. You can play a female custom character, and she can pursue dudes.

I knew that. I just like using the word Waifu. The player created character can actually support (and therefore get with) every other character, which really confirms my suspicion that this is all leading up to Intelligent Systems making a dating sim.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hailinel

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Hailinel said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

I knew that. I just like using the word Waifu. The player created character can actually support (and therefore get with) every other character, which really confirms my suspicion that this is all leading up to Intelligent Systems making a dating sim.

An Intelligent Systems dating sim actually sounds like a hilarious concept. I'd go for that.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Hailinel said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Hailinel said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

An Intelligent Systems dating sim actually sounds like a hilarious concept. I'd go for that.

Well, now I just imagined it. "Do you walk her home?" and if you say no, then she is dead forever.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hailinel

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Hailinel said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Hailinel said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Well, now I just imagined it. "Do you walk her home?" and if you say no, then she is dead forever.

Or you get your ass kicked, WarioWare-style.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel said:

Are you suggesting a Paper Mario dating sim? Because I think we did that in another thread.

(This thread only needs commenting on how he's not a fan of the franchise, and saying "great job, everyone", and it'd be the perfect summary of this site's Fire Emblem fan community.)

Also, I just love that this is the one time a thread goes completely off the rails, and I have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hailinel

@Video_Game_King said:

Also, I just love that this is the one time a thread goes completely off the rails, and I have absolutely nothing to do with it.

@Video_Game_King said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

This madness originates with you.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel:

@ArbitraryWater said:

waifu

This is what set things in motion.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Hunter5024

Thanks for posting this, I love Fire Emblem, I love Iwata Asks, thread of the day.

@Video_Game_King: Also, you're crazy, this looks awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.