Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Firewatch

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 09, 2016

A first-person mystery set in the Wyoming wilderness developed by Campo Santo, where the protagonist's only lifeline, emotionally and physically speaking, is the person on the other end of a handheld radio.

The Firewatch General Discussion Thread

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rahf

Perhaps would be nice to have a thread where we can gather thoughts and opinions in a smaller format.

Something struck me, and I'll let the early bird completionists answer it. Is Firewatch a light-hearted SOMA? A game where the conventions are just that, conventional. A place where the guy and the girl have their ups and downs and oh, isn't that funny? Or will it just be (Not Quite) Everyone's Gone to the Rapture?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

The only thing I've seen of Firewatch is the quick look and until I get it and finish it I'm going to go on a black out of it.

But to answer your question of "light hearted SOMA", I'm 99% sure that Firewatch isn't going to be lighthearted at all past an initial first glance and that it's going to go places with the characters it has.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In one of the other Firewatch threads last week, I jokingly mentioned that I suspect this game might be Soma in a forest, but joking aside, I really think that's what it looks like. I now know that somebody agrees.

I don't think this will be lighthearted either, but I'm interested to see how they explain a forest at the bottom of the ocean.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you listen to 8-4 Play this week, they comment on having played through the game. Apparently it is about 4-5 hours and, no, it's not very lighthearted at all. The opposite, really.

I won't say anything else because a few of the things mentioned were surface-level spoilers, but I'm the kind of person who doesn't want to know anything about a game.

Avatar image for puddingbrummsel
    Puddingbrummsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised that there's no review on GB (yet?)

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope it doesn't turn into "monster in the woods" because I kind of want to play it.

Avatar image for puddingbrummsel
    Puddingbrummsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The RPS review convinced me, just bought it. Woop!

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v said:

I hope it doesn't turn into "monster in the woods" because I kind of want to play it.

Perhaps substitute monster with serial killer?

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

From what I can gather it looks like it might be similar in tone to Life is Strange but without all of the teenage drama bullshit and time travel. Sounds like there are going to be some heavy, dark moments along with some player choice in how it all plays out and solid characters and voice acting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.