Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

First-Person Perspective

Concept »

First-Person is a vantage point that attempts to simulate looking through a game character's eyes. It is most commonly found in first-person shooters, racing games, and visual novels, and to a lesser extent in other genres, such as RPGs, 3D platformers, and adventure games.

Why are there so few stealth games with this??????

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It seems like a match made in heaven, you know? Feeling the tension, not being able to look behind you at any moment. Are there any FPSt games that anyone knows of coming out?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

Hate me or don't, but Oblivion has great stealth.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    BiggerBomb said:
    "

"
    True, but I mean a more indepth game with it that makes it the primary. Also, less "OH LORD WE LIVE IN GREAT BRITIAN HAR HAR HAR ELVES GOBLINS FAFAFAFAAAAAAAA" is always good in a stealth game. 
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "

"
    True, but I mean a more indepth game with it that makes it the primary. Also, less "OH LORD WE LIVE IN GREAT BRITIAN HAR HAR HAR ELVES GOBLINS FAFAFAFAAAAAAAA" is always good in a stealth game. "

wut
    Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zebadee

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from butcher bay had awesome first person stealth gameplay, I have heard a rumour that they are creating a next gen remake of it.

Oh and you might want to look out for Mirrors Edge, it looks like it has some stealth elements to it.
    MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "

"
    True, but I mean a more indepth game with it that makes it the primary. Also, less "OH LORD WE LIVE IN GREAT BRITIAN HAR HAR HAR ELVES GOBLINS FAFAFAFAAAAAAAA" is always good in a stealth game. "

wut"
    Yeah, I didn't get that reference either.  I think a concept like this would make an interesting game, though.
    Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zebadee

If your into horror games, the Penumbra series is based on puzzles/physics and since you don't get any weapons (that I know of) it relies heavily on stealth, it's all first person.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422
    Zebadee said:
    "Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from butcher bay had awesome first person stealth gameplay, I have heard a rumour that they are creating a next gen remake of it.
    Oh and you might want to look out for Mirrors Edge, it looks like it has some stealth elements to it.
    "
    yeah...not a rumor, they planned on making the game remake for the last 2 years..it was supposed to be out  sometime in the beginning of 08, and since late 07 no one has heard a single thing ..so it definitely was made, or is still being made, but it just kinda vanished.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By kush

You could always try the Thief games...those are all pretty great. The Deus Ex series also allowed for a stealthy approach.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

No One Lives Forever.I'm currently playing through the first one again and they are fantastic stealth games even if they are older games.
    pause422 said:

"Zebadee said:
    "Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from butcher bay had awesome first person stealth gameplay, I have heard a rumour that they are creating a next gen remake of it.
    "
    yeah...not a rumor, they planned on making the game remake for the last 2 years..it was supposed to be out  sometime in the beginning of 08, and since late 07 no one has heard a single thing ..so it definitely was made, or is still being made, but it just kinda vanished."
    I'm pretty sure that Assault on Dark Athena is almost done, but it currently doesn't have a publisher since it was dropped by actiblizzard.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Kush said:
    "You could always try the Thief games...those are all pretty great. The Deus Ex series also allowed for a stealthy approach."
    I've wanted to! Can I download them anywhere?
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Kush said:
    "You could always try the Thief games...those are all pretty great. The Deus Ex series also allowed for a stealthy approach."

I don't care what anyone says about me for saying this:

Deus Ex: Invisible War is an awesome game.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By kush
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Kush said:
    I've wanted to! Can I download them anywhere?"
    I have no idea if you can download them anywhere (you likely can) because I own the retail copies and firmly hate digital distribution.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.